Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your suits

skyvue

Call Me a Cab
The pictures aren't great, but here's a brown suit I bought a few weeks back. It's got a nice contrasting thread in the weave that doesn't show in these images.

mebrownsuit.jpg
mebrownsuit2.jpg
mebrownsuit3.jpg

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Wouldn't it be great if the buyer was an FL member, and we'd someday get to see a pic or two of it being worn by the new owner/caretaker of this gorgeous custom tailored beauty??

QUOTE=Marc Chevalier].Not my suit, but it needs to be shown in any case. From 1937. Made in a lightweight tropical worsted wool. Wonderful pleating on the jacket's belted back. Exceedingly rare these days, especially in a size 39-40 L. Sold on eBay recently for $456.
ooa035.jpg

[/QUOTE]

mike

Call Me a Cab
WH1 said:
Now that is a sharp look my friend, well done, particularly the choice of hat and shoes.:eusa_clap
Todd

I agree, the shoes really make it stand out as a great full combo!

mike

Call Me a Cab
I have the complete suit. At the moment all I'm focusing on is the fit of the jacket. The item in question dates apparently to 1934 and is definitely deadstock w/the tags still sewn on in various places and the are pockets still sewn shut...! It is tagged a 42. I'm really a modern 40R, but does this look too big? I think I'm just used to wearing things a bit too small! haha I love the weave and it's quite soft material to wear! Notice the shape of the jacket, it's got a great cut to the waist. The pants I need to have taken in in the waist a few inches. They are button fly, flat fronted & uncuffed. There are no makers tags or union tags, the suit came from France. If I'm reading the faint pencil correctly, there some mention of "1934" on one of the three paper tags sewn onto the suit.

(awkwardness due to the camera's timer and well, it's me! haha)

DSCN0497.jpg

RSCN0496.jpg

RSCN0491.jpg

RSCN0484.jpg

RSCN0485.jpg

RSCN0487.jpg

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Feraud said:
The weather was nice enough to wear a three piece to lunch when meeting up with Loungers last week.
Here is grey chalkstripe by RL. The hat is a green Stetson Whippet.
DSC07435-1.jpg

As smartly ensembled as ever, Feraud. The Whippet and tan shoes are the icing on a sartorially distinguished cake.

mike

Call Me a Cab
Feraud said:
I don't see an issue with the fit of this jacket. The material looks soft and comfy. Kudos on having the pants too! :eusa_clap

Thanks! I'm a bit uncomfortable with the idea of removing original tags but one of my friends suggested leaving them in the jacket pockets. That doesn't sound like a terrible idea. BTW - I think it's hard to get a decent photo of this jacket/suit [huh]

Feraud

Bartender
Definitely leave the tags in the pockets for posterity.
The suit may photograph better outdoors on a sunny day. Do I see the pattern correctly as a wide herringbone?

mike

Call Me a Cab
Feraud said:
Definitely leave the tags in the pockets for posterity.
The suit may photograph better outdoors on a sunny day. Do I see the pattern correctly as a wide herringbone?

Cooorrect! Involving brown with a black background I do believe.

What sort of colors do you think may compliment that? Should I basically ignore the black aspect to it and dress with the brown in mind? The (not color) blind leading the (color) blind lol

Feraud

Bartender
I would probably start with earthtone colored ties and experiment from there. Shirts in white, light blue(?), and tan could work.
I cannot say I know more about color coordinating than the colorblind! ;)

WineGuy

A-List Customer
Did I get the vintage look or am i kidding myself?

I found this jacket recently at Macy's and thought it had a nice vintage look to it with the fine houndstooth pattern overlapped with a pumpkin and powder blue check pattern.

Together with my silverbelly Stetson Open Road, It's as close to vintage as I've been able to piece together so far.

OREHcrop.jpg

donCarlos

Practically Family
WineGuy, I think it looks excellent! Maybe you could try some wilder creation with you pocket square, but nevertheless it looks great.

Wolfmanjack

Practically Family
I like it, WineGuy. A light blue shirt would also look good with this outfit. I think the pocket square is a good color and pattern, but I would adopt a flashier, more casual style of folding it; perhaps something like this:
800px-Grey_and_navy_suit_on_mannequin.jpg

Wolfmanjack

Practically Family
WineGuy said:
Agreed Wolfman, but how do I fold the pocket square to get those points?

WineGuy, Here is a good illustration of the method I use:

pocketsquare1a.jpg

1. Lay the square flat on a table and grab it by the center.
2. Use your other hand to 'milk-down' the folds a bit,
3. Fold up the bottom, and
4. Holding it in the middle, stuff it into your pocket.

The point is that the finished product should look very casual...almost messy. Don't fuss with it; just do it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112