Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your suits

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Mr Vim said:
I have some Cordovan saddle oxfords that I threw on with the suit, just to have shoes on and I was surprised at how well the color went with the suit.
Brown suede would look great as well.

g457461.jpg

Mr Vim

One Too Many
Harp, that looks fantastic. And it's a great shot of all your hats over your head... get it? Over your head... because they're... never mind.

Great suit none the less.

TraderRic

One of the Regulars
Summer suits

I purchased some new suits for the summer.

Below is my new seersucker. I like the long squared-off coat. I wore this to my oldest Son's High School Graduation.

IMG_1693.jpg
[/IMG]

I wore it with white trousers and saddle shoes instead of spectators on the 4th of July.

IMG_1700.jpg
[/IMG]

Here's another one. It's a bit in the flash order, but has its place. This is me and one of my trumpet players after I conducted a performance of THE MUSIC MAN.

IMG_1211.jpg
[/IMG]

As I said earlier my oldest Son graduated High School in June. Here he is wearing the same suit I wore at my High School Graduation. It is even the same shirt and tie that I wore. The watch and fob was also mine that I wore for HS and College Graduations. The watch face is made from a $20 gold piece and the fob has the obverse of the US Great Seal.

IMG_1690.jpg
[/IMG]

And here he is in cap and gown. Coincidentally my cap and gown were also green.

IMG_1688-1.jpg
[/IMG]

Mr Vim

One Too Many
Those are some bold suits Ric, and the Music Man has to be one of my favorite musicals.

"Pardon me, I don't believe I caught your name?"
"Pardon me, but I don't believe I dropped it."

habberdasher

A-List Customer
TraderRic said:
I purchased some new suits for the summer.

Below is my new seersucker. I like the long squared-off coat. I wore this to my oldest Son's High School Graduation.

IMG_1693.jpg
[/IMG]

I wore it with white trousers and saddle shoes instead of spectators on the 4th of July.

IMG_1700.jpg
[/IMG]

Here's another one. It's a bit in the flash order, but has its place. This is me and one of my trumpet players after I conducted a performance of THE MUSIC MAN.

IMG_1211.jpg
[/IMG]

As I said earlier my oldest Son graduated High School in June. Here he is wearing the same suit I wore at my High School Graduation. It is even the same shirt and tie that I wore. The watch and fob was also mine that I wore for HS and College Graduations. The watch face is made from a $20 gold piece and the fob has the obverse of the US Great Seal.

IMG_1690.jpg
[/IMG]

And here he is in cap and gown. Coincidentally my cap and gown were also green.

IMG_1688-1.jpg
[/IMG]
I love it! Where'd you get the 1800s standup collar?! That seersucker is a great 1920s cut, and really 20s with the boater hat! You had the same style when you were in High school and your son does too?!

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Nick D said:
You're well on your way to being a Captain of Industry. Just try and remember us little guys you climbed over to get there. Or buy a castle in Wales. Whichever. ;)

It looks great. Have you considered a gray db waistcoat for it?

Thanks - and YES. I'm on the lookout for a grey DB with a high waist and high gorge... :)

habberdasher

A-List Customer
BinkieBaumont said:
"A Linen /Rayon Mix will see this ideal for Travelling, I'm Guessing 1960s, I felt rather 1960's French Movie actor! with my floppy fringe"

4882065624_deb7c66a91_z.jpg

4882064382_607d5af791_z.jpg

4104632057_05778b0d8b.jpg
Love the 60s French New Wave films look and that suit matches it. But that 40s print tie doesn't seem to match, got a skinny one? Great shirt I love the white collar look

TraderRic

One of the Regulars
habberdasher said:
I love it! Where'd you get the 1800s standup collar?! That seersucker is a great 1920s cut, and really 20s with the boater hat! You had the same style when you were in High school and your son does too?!

Habberdasher,

I bought my current wing collar shirt in a tucked away men's store in Williamsburg, VA. It has a herringbone weave to it that is very nice. My old shirt was bought at a formal wear shop in Short Hills, NJ which is close to where I grew up. In fact I've had those boaters since I was in High School, too!

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
Tomasso said:
...................................But Bink, those shoulders scream:

Victor_Mature_Kiss_of_Death_trailer_scrennshot_(13).jpg

:p

"I actually like the exaggerated shoulder, it looks a bit crumpled as it came in a plastic mail bag, across from Sydney, I recently was measured for a new suit from Prince Henry they agreed to me going to a 5" wide collar but dissuaded me from increasing the shoulder, now I wish I had put my foot down!!"

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
They look like they should have enough. With my long arms most anything needs alteration. I think the angle of the photo does make it look worse than it is, though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner