Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your suits

Vintage lover

A-List Customer
I've been there. And honestly, I have a zoot suit with a jacket size 34 that still fits perfectly. Have you thought of buying a 36 and taking it to a tailor?

StetsonHomburg

Practically Family
Vintage lover said:
I've been there. And honestly, I have a zoot suit with a jacket size 34 that still fits perfectly. Have you thought of buying a 36 and taking it to a tailor?
Honestly, I have never owned a suit so thanks for the idea, I fancy this suit http://cgi.ebay.ca/36R-Stanley-Blac...SA_MC_Blazers_Sport_Coats&hash=item53e24c8567
So I am going to buy it and take it to a tailor when it comes in! Thanks Vintage Lover! :arated: :eusa_clap :cheers1:

And It'll go Marvelously with my Homburg and trench coat!

Vintage lover

A-List Customer
StetsonHomburg said:
Oh and how much do you think it would cost to get
a tailor to fit it?
That would depend on the tailor. My tailor isn't that expensive, charging around $30 on up depending on the level of modification required if memory serves. I am sure, however, that this isn't the case everywhere, for better or worse. I would call a few numbers and get a general idea of price. But for the price of that blazer on eBay, you cant really go wrong

StetsonHomburg

Practically Family
Vintage lover said:
That would depend on the tailor. My tailor isn't that expensive, charging around $30 on up depending on the level of modification required if memory serves. I am sure, however, that this isn't the case everywhere, for better or worse. I would call a few numbers and get a general idea of price. But for the price of that blazer on eBay, you cant really go wrong
Thanks again Mr. Dillinger, I used to be only vintage hats but now I am going into suits! :D

Mahagonny Bill

Practically Family
Vintage lover said:
I just bought this today. My first vintage suit, a gray 1960's sharkskin.
dscf0346zg.jpg
Yowza! That is a mighty fine suit and it looks great on you! The hat works perfectly with the suit as well. Good job! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

RobStC

A-List Customer
rlk said:
Obviously a licensed product. Any opinions?
1280772628229_DSCN0034.JPG

4857776058_9fa3e52407_b.jpg

If that is a genuine Loro Piana label in there, then it suggests that it is at least pretty good quality cloth, and therefore not likely to be wasted on some cheap lash-up of poorly constructed suit.

Who knows, though..... The pics look promising, at least, but likely to be modern Italian cut.

RobStC

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
rlk said:
Obviously a licensed product. Any opinions?
1280772628229_DSCN0034.JPG

Interesting. I bet the fabric is nice but the lapels peak a little too low, in my opinion. Just too much top portion of the collar wrapping around and down onto the chest area. Takes a little of the 'pride' out of it, y'know?

Vintage lover

A-List Customer
StetsonHomburg said:
Sorry one more question but about acessories for the suit,
I like Solid Ties so which one (colour) do you think would go best with
the suit?
That would depend on the color of the suit and the era you are going for. What color of pants are you pairing with the blazer?

StetsonHomburg

Practically Family
Vintage lover said:
That would depend on the color of the suit and the era you are going for.
THe suit is Black with gold buttons and I am going for a late 30's early 40's
look... THanks you have helped me alot !

edit: And I am wearing it with a Grey with a black Ribbon Homburg

Vintage lover

A-List Customer
StetsonHomburg said:
THe suit is Black with gold buttons and I am going for a late 30's early 40's
look... THanks you have helped me alot !

edit: And I am wearing it with a Grey with a black Ribbon Homburg
Well with a black suit, you have a good amount of options. Red comes to mind first. Perhaps tan, but blue might go as well.

Vintage lover

A-List Customer
StetsonHomburg said:
:eek: Okay, sorry but this is my final question!
Would a black Bowtie go or what are they
usually worn with?
I haven't worn a bow tie once in my suit wearing days, but I have seen pics of Bing wearing bow ties with double breasted blazers, so I assume it can be done well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo