Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your suits

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
This...

...is a really great pic, Mr. Deckard!

IMG_3072-vi.jpg
IMG_3072-via.jpg

B
T

Wild Root

Gone Home
Oh for laughing out loud! Hahahaha! Good stuff guys!

If you want to know how cool Matt's suit is in full view, just let me tell you soon as he walked in the door my jaw dropped! It's a really super suit and it fits him really well and looks perfect on him.

I'm really happy for you buddy!

=WR=

I will get some better pics of this beauty soon. 'Tis a lightweight tweed with various small windowpane patterns - can be seen best in the pocket closeup below. These pics are as good as i've got right now ... No good close up of the back, i'm afraid. Root has posted a better pic previously. It's quite stained. My local cleaners couldn't do anything with it. I hope to have it cleaned more deeply in the future:

Knicks1.jpg
Knicks2.jpg
Knicks3.jpg

And my attempt to reenact my favourite pic of Louis Armstrong ... Had to change my socks and shoes ...

KnickLouis.jpg
armstrong-freizeit.jpg

bk

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
it's a great suit Baron, i love the jacket.

(i'm not saying the trousers look silly, they're a great piece of clothing history...but there is NO WAY you will ever see me in a pair of plus-fours).

Wild Root

Gone Home
The glasses..... (Shutter)lol Yeah, you need some 1930's styled frames to wear with all your 30's stuff.

BK, that's a great suit! I like the reenactment of the Armstrong pose! Say, where in the world did you find socks like that? I'd like to get some so I could wear my knickers more oft. I do have two pairs of original 1927's from Alexander and Oviatt but, don't want to wear them to many times.

You wear that knicker suit rather well and yes, I know I've played this record one too many times but, in all honesty and sincerity, a shorter hair style would just accelerate the look... I know its change and it's not easy to change but, I’m sure you’d be amazed what a difference it would make.

Ok, I'm done... all that aside, it's a spectacular find and I know of a place over here that could clean it for you... French's in Pasadena! You could send it to me and I could take it over there and have them work their magic! Just let me know.

=WR=

Wild Root said:
The glasses..... (Shutter)lol Yeah, you need some 1930's styled frames to wear with all your 30's stuff.

Those are my favourite glasses ever. 50s Shuron. Can't beat 'em. Though i am considering a wire-framed pair for just the reason you mention.

Wild Root said:
BK, that's a great suit! I like the reenactment of the Armstrong pose! Say, where in the world did you find socks like that? I'd like to get some so I could wear my knickers more oft. I do have two pairs of original 1927's from Alexander and Oviatt but, don't want to wear them to many times.

Those socks (you mean the argyle ones, right?) came from a discount clothing store in San Francisco. And ... shock horror ... they are in fact ladies knee-highs - though in quite thick cotton. Works for me. Noone would know the difference. The brown socks are deadstock that came along with the suit ...

Wild Root said:
I know of a place over here that could clean it for you... French's in Pasadena! You could send it to me and I could take it over there and have them work their magic! Just let me know.

=WR=

Funnily enough i was considering proposing just such a deal ... watch your PM box.

bk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR