Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your suits

RobStC

A-List Customer
c. 1910s?
IMG_7211.jpg

Corrosive ink?!!

ottawa_adam

One of the Regulars
Some constructive criticism: The jacket on the last (bottom) suit looks way too short for you and the trousers on the first two are too long. Can't opine on sleeve length due to your wonderful posing. ;) Just my opinion, for what it's worth.:)

Tightening up your tie knot would help complete the look as well. :)

JonnyO

A-List Customer
Some constructive criticism: The jacket on the last (bottom) suit looks way too short for you and the trousers on the first two are too long. Can't opine on sleeve length due to your wonderful posing. ;) Just my opinion, for what it's worth.:)

Tightening up your tie knot would help complete the look as well. :)

Thank you both gentlemen. The pants I plan on adding a cuff to help rid of the extra length. As for the knot, it started off high and tight, it may have been the material of the tie that loosened it up? What is a good way of remedying the issue of a loose knot? I appreciate both sets of keen eyes.

DanWebb

New in Town
do people specify the material that is used for the pocket material of your suits? I always go for super 120 cotton shirting. Much nicer feel than the usual cheap stuff even the best tailors use.

fashion frank

One Too Many
Went out last nite with a friend to score a second ( first for him ) , three button down overcoat ,and this is what I wore as we went around town and to J.A.B.'s .
The coats were $ 450.00 but 70 % off and they were $ 100.00 on sale !

All the Best ,Fashion Frank

DSCN1289.jpg

DSCN1287.jpg

DSCN1288.jpg

fashion frank

One Too Many
What a steal!!! Post some pics of the overcoats please!

The black one I bought back when it was warner because it was on sale back then for $180.00 , and it normally sells for $450.00.

Well just this past Sunday after church my buddy came round we had brunch and he was telling how he needed a good winter overcoat , well the very next day( yesterday) low and behold 70 % off on the same coat , so he bought a charcoal ( don't have a photo as he took it home with him last nite) one and I bought a camel hair color one to go with my lighter tan and brown suits and now I have two.

All the Best ,Fashion Frank

DSCN1290.jpg

DSCN1292-Copy.jpg

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
I went into a local 'vintage' shop the other day, and found this sb stroller jacket for £18. This shop has very expensive tweed jackets and not-very-vintage, trendy stuff, and this went in the bargain bin. Any ideas on date and origin? My first thought was late '20s German.

As found.
SAM_4039.jpg

Cleaned up a bit. One hole in the cuff, which I mended, otherwise no faults. No front darts.
SAM_4049.jpg

Fairly low, very slanted breast pocket.
SAM_4052.jpg

Two inside pockets with very nice construction. Both are still basted shut.
SAM_4055.jpg

Button.
SAM_4054.jpg

Undercollar construction.
SAM_4059.jpg

Very nice detail on the coin catch.
SAM_4057.jpg

Fastuni

Call Me a Cab
I agree on the German provenience of this jacket.
The bowl-shaped buttons with riffled edge are very common on dark German suits.
Regarding the dating, I would tend more towards the 1930's. Certainly early 30's, due to the lowest button being placed a good part above the pocket line.

How strong is the shoulder padding and, when worn, are they sloped down or more horizontal?

Last edited:

Mr. Garrulus

One of the Regulars
I went into a local 'vintage' shop the other day, and found this sb stroller jacket for £18. This shop has very expensive tweed jackets and not-very-vintage, trendy stuff, and this went in the bargain bin. Any ideas on date and origin? My first thought was late '20s German.

As found.
SAM_4039.jpg

Sometimes the real treasures are the cheap "unwanted" ones. ;)

Judging from the pictures it doesn't have the second seams across the pockets, the seams came sometimes in the 30's right?

Fastuni

Call Me a Cab
The seams you are referring to are the front darts, which give the front proper fit and shape (and were in use well before the 30's).
It was not uncommon for jackets of larger size to be made without these front darts.
I have two such 30's-40's jackets of German make of larger size with no darts.

Kinda hard to explain but the seam on the left in this picture, I have been told if those are missing the jacket is from 20's or older.

suit-jacket-pocket-e1284398382520.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk