Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your suits

Monte

A-List Customer
Trying on light brown Cricketeer today.
Rag and Bone, looks cool.
Blood, nice snag. I've found most of my suits, coats, hats at thrift shops. Poppin' tags!

The Rag And Bone Man

One of the Regulars
Trying on light brown Cricketeer today.
Rag and Bone, looks cool.
Blood, nice snag. I've found most of my suits, coats, hats at thrift shops. Poppin' tags!

Thanks mate, I was on it like a cat on a kipper, when I see it. I have another coming this week a three piece 1940's bespoke suit, dark blue double breasted pinstripe.
I think the jacket and waistcoat will fit fine, but the pants are 40 waist, i am a 32, so will just have to see what i can do with it.
I will upload pictures when i get it.

Monte

A-List Customer
Thanks mate, I was on it like a cat on a kipper, when I see it. I have another coming this week a three piece 1940's bespoke suit, dark blue double breasted pinstripe.
I think the jacket and waistcoat will fit fine, but the pants are 40 waist, i am a 32, so will just have to see what i can do with it.
I will upload pictures when i get it.
Cool, I found my pinstriped, navy blue suit at the Goodwill on my street. I didn't even have to alter it, which is always a surprise because I'm a 42 XL. It's not really a super old suit but I like the cut.

Mr. Garrulus

One of the Regulars
Got this suit today for 23$ and I'm a bit unsure how old it is, 40's? 50's? Different?

Pubjacket_zpsfb6ec90d.jpg

Pubwaistcoat_zpsd9429d29.jpg

Pubtags_zpsa7e2fa85.jpg

Pubtrousers_zps8381acc4.jpg

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Black euro suits are very hard to date. I guess 40s to early 50 because of the wide lapels, wide legs and the suspender "rabbit ears" on the trousers. The label looks newer though.

Fastuni

Call Me a Cab
Great price for this suit! Style-wise perfectly 1930-40's (is the waist strongly accentuated?) - the labels indeed look rather 1950ish.
In any case a solid and conservative European mid-1930's to 50's suit... they didn't change much within this time frame.

Mr. Garrulus

One of the Regulars
Actually the waistcoat is fine I just changed the brightness and contrast on the picture, should have taken another picture.

Fastuni

Call Me a Cab
No I don't mean the waistcoat. I was asking about the fit of the jacket waist. Is it strongly taken in (tighter around the body) - thus creating an "hour-glass" silhouette?

Mr. Garrulus

One of the Regulars
No I don't mean the waistcoat. I was asking about the fit of the jacket waist. Is it strongly taken in (tighter around the body) - thus creating an "hour-glass" silhouette?

Oh sorry, I must have been in my own thoughts and misread your post. I'll let the picture speak for themselves, yes it does give that hour-glass silhouette. Maybe a bit too much even...

IMG_1037_zps569b9757.jpg

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
I think that suit looks really nice. I know that some people on the FL don't like black suits, but that looks splendid. You were lucky to find it at such a good price.

Chrome

One of the Regulars
Here's an American suit. no labels of any kind, it probably dates to the late 30s-middle 40s (and probably the latter end of that timescale). Awesome fabric with vibrant blue overcheck and red, blue and emerald green flocked stripes. It's about a size 36L, and I'll be putting it into classifieds tomorrow. More pics here.

fleckeddbsuit1.jpg

I just couldn't resist and now this suit is my suit :D Thank you Baron

Bluefullfront_zps0df16ccb.jpg

Bluefullside_zpsb209e2e1.jpg

Bluelapelroll_zpsb5d33862.jpg

Great lapel roll will be there after few ironings.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ