Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your suits

havershaw

Practically Family
When you live in Arizona...

...you CAN forget the topcoats.

OK, it gets cold enough in the winter that you can wear 'em. I will say, though, that I have way too many coats in my closet to live in Arizona.

WildRoot, you guys look fantastic. I thought it was an actual vintage photo for a while.

We need to get together next time I'm in the City of Angels.

Wild Root

Gone Home
I agree! Let me know when you plan on being in town and we?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢ll have to get together.

I don?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢t really have that much of a need for heavy top coats as well here in CA! But, when it does get down to 40oF it?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s just cold enough to pull one out and get complements like crazy! Bring on the winter man, bring it on!!! I want to drive my drafty old Plymouth wile wearing my vintage top coat! Fun, fun, fun! :D

PS. I have more then one should have for a California climate! But, I love those heavy old things:rolleyes:

Kentucky Blues

A-List Customer
Finally a new suit pic for me...not a regular old suit, but rather something I pieced together....

IM000926.jpg

LuckyLighter

Familiar Face
I posted this picture before in another thread, but here goes anyway.

The guy I'm shaking hands with is Frank Sinatra's barber, when he performed at Bill Miller's Riviera nightclub. By the way, I know that it's buttoned wrong, but I had been doing shots before the pic was taken, so...you get the idea. ;)

I should point out that I was going for the Last Crusade Venice pier look.

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
Finally Got it Altered!

My suit finally got back from the seamstress, and I think it fits pretty well! I asked her to raise the armholes, and I think the armholes are better than they were, but still not quite as high as they were back then.
This was supposed to be a 60's 3-piece suit, apparently it was a more conservative mod suit. The legs of the pants are thin in that style. The lapels get 30's wide when I button it the 2nd button down, and mod suit thin if I use the top button.
It's got 3/4 lining too.
The fedora i'm wearing is the Akubra "The Fedora" in carbon gray.
2ffc.jpg

http://us.f2.yahoofs.com/users/40b286f5_e529/22e3/__sr_/2b79.jpg?phKEtyBBtu_y4R5D

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
Whoa. Awesome avatar, Joe. I'll be getting my Curlee Clothes 3-piece single-breasted suit back from the dry cleaners at the end of the week. Hopefully, my long-hair hare vintage fedora will arrive in time for a quick photo shoot with the suit before I leave for London on my high school trip.

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
Ghos7a55assin said:
Whoa. Awesome avatar, Joe. I'll be getting my Curlee Clothes 3-piece single-breasted suit back from the dry cleaners at the end of the week. Hopefully, my long-hair hare vintage fedora will arrive in time for a quick photo shoot with the suit before I leave for London on my high school trip.

London ay? you need to take some pictures of that trip. Have fun, and I can't wait to see the suit.

Chad Sanborn

A-List Customer
Here are some pics of me in one of my favorite suits. It a B&W pinstripe. The tie is Red and Black silk swirly. It's the suit I wear at most of the shows I do. Its not much, but hope you like them.

Chad

fedlounge1.jpg

fedlounge2.jpg

fedlounge3.jpg

fedlounge4.jpg

Chad Sanborn

A-List Customer
I nevery usually get to the west coast. I stay mostly on the east coast, with the occasional trip to Vegas.
Their are no lapels on this suit. Its odd. It has a more rounded collar and thats it. You can see the collar in the top photo. Not sure why it was cut that way.

Chad

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24