Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your suits

Minnesota_Jones

Familiar Face
Here's a few of my Blue ROTLA Suit....

Here's a few pics I posted at COW for my Grey PBBM and I'll post 'em here plus a few more for the Blue ROTLA Suit. These were taken 10-5-2003 on our 2nd Wedding Anniversary. We were married at the Como-Harriet Streetcar line in Mpls. So for our 2nd Anniversary, we went back there to ride the streetcars, hang out at Lake Harriet, and then went to St Paul to Como Park. Como Park had Como Lake, Como Zoo, Como Conservatory, and an old Carousel. Carousel pics are still in the camera, will be posted within the week....

Lake Harriet and the Streetcar Line pics....

Anniversary2003-2.jpg

Anniversary2003-3.jpg

Anniversary2003-4.jpg

Anniversary2003-6.jpg

Anniversary2003-9.jpg

Anniversary2003-10.jpg

Minnesota_Jones

Familiar Face
Here's some from Como Park's Conservatory:

Anniversary2003-12.jpg

Anniversary2003-13.jpg

Anniversary2003-14.jpg

Here's one of my favorites. The first pic is from our Wedding Pictures on Streetcar #265, so we tried to replicate the picture as best we could on Streetcar #1300, so I cropped it a little closer and make it B&W like the wedding shot....

Wedding Pic
Wedding%20Photo%207.jpg

Anniversary Pic
Anniversary2003-17.jpg

Bogie1943

Practically Family
Ya know, out of the 20 some suits/suit jackets I have I think it is about time for a weeding out of things a don't quit want to keep in the collection anymore. Time to make some room for some better, more complete suits. If anyone is looking for a size 38 to maybe even a 42 let me know and I can show you what I have. I just found a very vintage three peice suit, wool no less. As of today I am having the horrible buttons that came on it replaced so it will be all good. It is light grey with a white and light blue pinstrip, I love it!:cool2:

Minnesota_Jones

Familiar Face
Finally finished developing my film from our Anniversary. Two more pics... one at Como Park at the "Merry-Go-Round" and the other at dinner that nite at Buca Di Beppo.....

Anniversary2003-20.jpg

Anniversary2003-22.jpg

Bogie1943

Practically Family
Looks like you two had quit a journey together, over the years, and during you roadtrip. I hope you guys will be attending the QM event this year, it won't be the same without ya both!:cool2:

Indy Magnoli

Vendor
Here's a grey-green suit with a sort of houndstooth/plaid pattern (Matt, do you know what it's called?). It's not particularly vintage in its detail, but with a waistcoat and fedora, it goes a long way. ;)

IJM-grey-green.jpg

Kind regards,
Indy

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
Case of the plaids

The vest always ads to the look... nice suit.

I can't exactly tell from the picture, but I am working on a catalog of images and explenations for the new site which will detail suits and their fabrics, patterns and details.

The lost art of tailoring and what you get now.

Weave patterns and designs
Birdseye, Tatersall, Sharkskin, Venesian twill and, whipcord, pincord, chalk stripe, pinstripe, shadowstripe and all the rest.

Details
Extra fabric when hemmed, skeleton lining, smaller armholes, saddle stitch, peak lapels, vents, Valentino pockets, closeable collar, cuttaway no cuttaway.

The fit
What is a good fit, what should you look for.
Made to measure does not always make a well fitting suit.

History
Macy's used to make tailored pajamas and tailored robes in the 30's, tailored top coats and raincoats as well, today most of the salesmen and women don't know what a tape measure looks like (trust me I know).

What happened to heavy fabrics that held their shape.

give me a few days.

Bogie1943

Practically Family
Oh my god, flash back! I remember those days so long ago, they were much easier, lol. I really need to take some more pics of me and my suits. I have so many new hats and suits I need to showcase it's sad I have not taken any news pics in so long. I wish I had the time to do it as well, maybe one of these weekends I will get around to it. Don't worry come Queen Mary Summit, the Bogie jacket will be revealed in person at Sir Winston's!:cool2:

Wild Root

Gone Home
Hey Matt, I don't know what it is about that suit, but I really dig it. I think it's the shade of gray and the stripes. It really "suits" you! It goes with your gray Optimo very well.

Man, there is a lot of dust on the Queen Mary. It's in every shot I have ever taken there.

Take care,

Wild Root

Gone Home
Is there an eco in here? I saw that it posted the reply above twice! So, I?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢m editing it so it doesn?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢t match the first one. Who wants to read the same thing twice? Not me.

I need to get some good photos taken of me in some of my suits. I just need to get a Fotki account up. So, I?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢ll get it going and then you gentlemen will see some of the stuff I have.

Take care,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko