Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your suits

Gene

Practically Family
Mid-late 1950's "fleck" suit w/patch pockets...the zipper on the pants was falling apart so I had to make it a button-fly.

tumblr_m106z1uax91r7s6tdo1_500.jpg

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
POW check three piece:

401993309.jpg

401993305.jpg

401993307.jpg

"I've got my trousers pressed, shoes shined. I got my coat and vest realigned take a look at my lapel, there's a flower, can't you tell? I'm happy as the day is long."

Last edited:

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Very cool chasseur. Is it vintage or who did make this for you? Very good fit and love the patchpockets/beltback. I also thought I would be able to show a POW suit soon but it doesn't fit me.:(

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
Gentlemen, thank you for the kind words. That is correct its bespoke, by made my tailor in Delhi, Vaish at Rivoli. I regularly travel to India each year for work, so I've used them for the past 3-4 years. They are one of the oldest tailors in Delhi (1940) and the familly is Saville Row trained (Dege and Skinner), their work is hand stiched, fully canvased, etc. The jacket is a direct copy of a 1935 belted action back of mine, the trousers and waistcoat copied from my 1954 Austin Reed three piece. Holland and Sherry POW check about 12oz weight.

The Gentleman

New in Town
Very nice suits you both have, Chasseur and Gene. Personally, I particularly like the color of Gene's, and the tie is very cool, as well.

I hope I can get a chance of showing you my suits soon enough- I think they're nice, but I'm not a connaisseur so I'm not sure what they're worth. (I found them in a house we bought)

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
Gentlemen, thank you for the kind words. That is correct its bespoke, by made my tailor in Delhi, Vaish at Rivoli. I regularly travel to India each year for work, so I've used them for the past 3-4 years. They are one of the oldest tailors in Delhi (1940) and the familly is Saville Row trained (Dege and Skinner), their work is hand stiched, fully canvased, etc. The jacket is a direct copy of a 1935 belted action back of mine, the trousers and waistcoat copied from my 1954 Austin Reed three piece. Holland and Sherry POW check about 12oz weight.

Beautiful job, Chasseur. How much did it cost, if you don't mind?

GoldenEraFan

One Too Many
For my upcoming graduation, I got my first ever vintage suit. It doesn't have a union tag, but it's cut, style, high button stance and button fly says the 1935-1945 period to me.
CIMG2753.jpg

CIMG2756.jpg

CIMG2767.jpg

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
Beautiful job, Chasseur. How much did it cost, if you don't mind?

Thanks Rudie. It really depends on the fabric. If you go with no name Indian made fabric it can be as low as $400-600 USD, and that includes all the nice tailoring (hand stitching, fully canvased, surgeon's cuff, etc.). If you go with expensive British or Italian fabric from one of the well known makers it can go for $1,000-1,800 USD.

Oldsarge

One Too Many
That's still very reasonable. MyTailor's shop is based in Hong Kong and for their finest fabrics, a suit can easily exceed two grand. Of course, if you're willing to settle for less, they can make a two piece for $659. Normally it will be MTM but since I live within twenty minutes of the U.S. headquarters, I can get bespoke service by wearing it in and having Joe scowl and insist on making it perfect. Some day I'll just do that . . .

Gin&Tonics

Practically Family
Sorry for bad quality. Just bought my first Fedora n thought I'd take a quick snap.

I really like that combo. Nicely done. The whole look is very sharp and put together. A proper man's hat can do wonders, no?

You may also like to try wearing your hat tilted forward and with a slight cant to the side; the edgyness of such a method would complement your skinny lapels and bold, skiny-ish tie, I would think.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy