Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your suits

Detective_Noir

One of the Regulars
The double breasted is actually a charcoal grey with chalk pin stripes and that pipe was my grandfathers when he was alive and I kept it because it was something to remember him by. And I dont smoke I only use the pipe for prop uses in photo shoots :)

Last edited:

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Better pics to come once it arrives. Definitely an oddball suit.
Winter coat weight, dressy western style. For the well dressed stockman?

T2eC16JHJF8E9nnC6UIwBP-5BGByT60_57.jpg

Last edited:

Gin&Tonics

Practically Family
darknvypin.jpg

Suit I got for 25 bucks from the thrift store in near-unworn condition. Just had some minor alterations done and it fits quite nicely. I can't quite decide if it's dark navy or charcoal. It looks more charcoal in this photo, but in natural light it looks more dark navy to my eye.
newsuit001.jpg

This is my suit made to measure by Maxwell's Tailors out of Hong Kong. I'm going to do a full post on it since Maxwell's may be of interest to some of the loungers. The suit is actually supposed to be a 3 piece with a shawl lapel on the waistcoat, but there was some kind of mixup and the waistcoat did not arrive, so one of my other waistcoats is standing in for it. Look for my full thread on it in the general attire forum.

Last edited:
Continuing on from my effort to document all my European suits, I'll be posting my current American vintage suits. First up we have this astonishing green and red skarkskin herringbone 3-piece suit. It has a 1939 union label in the jacket pocket.

GreenRedSharkskinSuit1.jpg

GreenRedSharkskinSuit2.jpg

GreenRedSharkskinSuit3.jpg

The inside of the fabric is dominated by the red, the outside (seen here in the folded back seams) is dominated by the green. Of course, it has that sharkskin shimmering.

GreenRedSharkskinSuit4.jpg

bk

Last edited:

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
Baron, i've been almost universally affirmative in praise of your amazing collection of suits (for quite some time) so i hope you'll permit me this rare moment of dissent;
that fabric is horrible !!!

Red Leader

One of the Regulars
1sfqC.jpg
rsEZD.jpg
dei34.jpg

theres no hate on a tuxedo suit right? this was custom made for me by a tailor in overland park and i decided to wear it during prom... it may not be vintage but its something i though i could share with you guys. oh and the spectators are a spectacular edition to my suits and tuxedo :), i will be posting my other suits up soon when i get photos

Sharp shoes:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy