Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Switchblades

howardeye

Practically Family
Thanks. My wife liked it so much she started carrying it so I ordered her a purple Ultratech. She has been carrying a Leverletto but it took too much to launch the blade. You had to fold back the lever! She does like the duel action better (push button in and out). You have to cock the Halo V to charge it being single action but the power that comes from the blade coming out is worth it. It is like a rocket launcher! The biggest problem is if you want to protect you or your family with an automatic knife it costs a lot of money for a quality OTF Switchblade. I am glad autos are now legal in my state!

Last edited:

Highlander

A-List Customer
Absolutely. and the same is true with a gun. USE it the minute it is pulled or you might be eating it!!!

I've always thought if you are going to use a knife just pull it and use it, the moment you start waving it around threatening someone you've lost the advantage.
I must add that I have never and hopefully will never have to do that.

howardeye

Practically Family
Absolutely. and the same is true with a gun. USE it the minute it is pulled or you might be eating it!!!

Good point. We are living in perilous times that even the bible predicts. These criminals are on meth and are hard to stop and have no fear of anything. Some ladies I know who carry firearms were caught off guard at the mall and were overcome. We must train our wives and loved ones because they are even hiding under the vehicle waiting to pull their legs out from under them. The OTF knife is the last resort and the fastest! God help us!

Highlander

A-List Customer
Well here are some of my tactical knives. From left to right, Kissing Crane Lock back Stiletto, Cheap Switchblade Stiletto, Smith and Wesson ExtremeOps (Automatic Switchblade), Walther P99 Tactical II, and my favorite (albeit not an automatic knife, but very fast, and thin and easy to carry), a Benchmade.

Knives Automatic.jpg

JD ARTHUR

New in Town
I didn't know they were illegal, when I was young you could buy them easily, I can't believe they're illegal now but I guess I'm not really surprised. I'm 73 and many things I took for granted are now illegal.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Here in Colorado, you can own one, but you are not allowed to carry it, outside the house! A rather quaint law, enacted during the 50s Juvenal delinquent scare!

Yahoody

One Too Many
I use a Infidel to cut hay strings in the barn :) Here you can walk in and buy one over the counter if you are 18+. More likely to use a ZT 350 though. Just as fast, much stronger and not an auto if that concerns the locals. ZT is just as capable, may be more so, but doesn't scream....."you're gonna die" as loudly.

ben3300.jpg

ZT

zero-tolerance_modell-0350.jpg

Edward

Bartender
Here in Colorado, you can own one, but you are not allowed to carry it, outside the house! A rather quaint law, enacted during the 50s Juvenal delinquent scare!

Similar in a lot of places. Hardly a surprise, really, given that they're very much designed as a weapon rather than for any other purpose (as distinct from, say, a kitchen knife, which could be equally deadly, but has a very different design purpose and use). Unlikely to change here in the UK as the trend is to clamp down more on knife-crime, given that's the problem we face among youth gangs.

So33

One of the Regulars
I'M NOT ADMITTING I own a switch blade It's illegal where I live in the freedom of USA. BUT I'D MUCH RATHER BE LOOKING AT THE END OF THE BLADE THAN A BARREL OF A GUN.

HanauMan

Practically Family

That is a real 'Blast from the Past' for me. These European blades were very common back in the 1970s when we lived in West Germany, and cheap too. I had one just like it, only it had black plastic grips rather than the horn ones. You unlocked the blade by pushing against the hinged finger guard. These switchblades came in different sizes, some were pretty long. We carried them in case we were ever harassed by Turkish or Italian 'guest workers' (thankfully, never happened). I 'borrowed' mine from my dad; he was an NCO and had a box full that he had confiscated from the young soldiers in his platoon. I guess that they carried them for much the same reason. Those were wild times and I thank God that we never did anything stupid with these knives.

I now live in the UK and these types of knives are Verboten over here.

Edward

Bartender
I'M NOT ADMITTING I own a switch blade It's illegal where I live in the freedom of USA. BUT I'D MUCH RATHER BE LOOKING AT THE END OF THE BLADE THAN A BARREL OF A GUN.

From a purely practical standpoint I too would fancy my chances better against a guy with a knife than a gun; on the matter of the policy behind the relative legality of each, let's keep away from anything that would violate the 'no politics' rule here in TFL, please. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112