Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Thrift and/or yard sale finds

I Adore Film Noir

A-List Customer
There's no year on it, guessing it's from the very late 30's or 40's by the styling.

There is a ton of old country-western albums at the thrift shops around here. I gobble them all up!

Look at the phone number: 61! Isn't that the coolest?

That iron looks nice and heavy, you'll be able to glide it around with your fingertips. Mama always said "Don't press down on the iron. Glide it around and let it do it's job."

One of the things I collect is things with either, less than 7 numbers or Alphanumeric telephone numbers. When I saw that number on there, I had to have it!

I learned the hard way not to press with the iron. I pressed so hard, that the rivets came out of the legs to the ironing board and the whole thing collapsed! My iron was brand new, lightweight, and cheap. Sorry I ever bought it, and now the mister broke lol
Look at the phone number: 61! Isn't that the coolest?

That iron looks nice and heavy, you'll be able to glide it around with your fingertips. Mama always said "Don't press down on the iron. Glide it around and let it do it's job."

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
I've found an older iron has the weight to give enough crease, even sharper if you just "slightly" put an effort into it. Now you could by a steampress, I had one for years before breaking it somehow. It's smaller of course and the shirts don't fit entirely on it. Mine was a Singer sold at Sams back in the early 90's. I'm sure there are more versions out there now.

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
Anyone know much about Nat Nash and Da Vinci camp shirts? I bought a bunch of them at a Goodwill this weekend. They're sorta neat looking and I might photograph myself wearing them, but I may just end up selling them...

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
The Da Vinci camp shirts can be had for about $20 a piece, nice shirts really.
The Nat Nash shirts I'd keep Quigley.
Why? 2 sites I found show the least expensive ones to be about $130-140!!!!!
Someone's wife was getting back at them I'd assume, or they had no idea what the shirts cost.
Those are a keeper...If you are selling them, let me know and I'll see if I can work out something close to what you paid, while still giving you a profit. And no, $130 is not the price I'd pay...LOL

BTW check and see, the Nat Nash shirts should be 100% silk. At least all the ones I've found are. I checked a site here in my town (Lanskybros.com) for the current prices on some.

Last edited:

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
The Da Vinci camp shirts can be had for about $20 a piece, nice shirts really.
The Nat Nash shirts I'd keep Quigley.
Why? 2 sites I found show the least expensive ones to be about $130-140!!!!!
Someone's wife was getting back at them I'd assume, or they had no idea what the shirts cost.
Those are a keeper...If you are selling them, let me know and I'll see if I can work out something close to what you paid, while still giving you a profit. And no, $130 is not the price I'd pay...LOL

BTW check and see, the Nat Nash shirts should be 100% silk. At least all the ones I've found are. I checked a site here in my town (Lanskybros.com) for the current prices on some.

Here's a few of a the Nat Nash shirts. I bought five of these and four D Vincis. I'll probably keep two of the NNs and one DV.

shirt3100.jpg
[/IMG]

shirt2100.jpg
[/IMG]

shirt1100.jpg
[/IMG]

MissMittens

One Too Many
Are you sure on that being a 1959? Looks early 50's but I'm not familiar with the maker.........the styling looks a little older than late 50's/into 60's. Great fridge though, nice find.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy