Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Thrift and/or yard sale finds

Giftmacher

One Too Many
New brown shellacs.
IMG_4389.JPG
IMG_4390.JPG

Last edited:

Giftmacher

One Too Many
Prazsky Illustrovany zpravodaj (Prague Illustrated Herald) bundled magazines volume 1926,27,29 and 1933. Great for long winter nights!
img4416.jpg

Last edited:

Retro Spectator

Practically Family
The other day I found four 1960s sport coats made by Gentree and Enson. I also found a late 60s or 70s ascot. You see me wearing the ascot with a 1970s Woolrich jacket that I got last January. I also got a pre-1915 Brooks Brothers morning coat a few months ago but I never took a picture of it until today.

1960s Gentree brown sport coat. I found a matchbook in its pocket, and a business card in another one. The matchbook is probably 70s and the business card is probably anywhere from the 60s to the 80s.

jzCqogk.jpg

iZZuwVf.jpg

4uO7Fjh.jpg

XXw1kvp.jpg

DvnRQ36.jpg

1960s Gentree dark gray? sport coat.

pdnzden.jpg

CQxMrzo.jpg

Tx83stp.jpg

1960s Gentree olive/gray sport coat. "Folkweave" by H. Freeman & Son.

Ne5C7q4.jpg

WoQ60x0.jpg

F6W1sKX.jpg

1960s Enson blue and green gray plaid sport coat. It seems to be a Summer weight jacket. I'm guessing it's probably linen or linen and Dacron.

iTYDG8K.jpg

QXNvxdD.jpg

Pre 1915 Brooks Brothers morning coat.

V4s9kQA.jpg

jL9S1Ru.jpg

1970s Woolrich jacket and late 60s-70s ascot.

jAI80V8.jpg

The other day I found four 1960s sport coats made by Gentree and Enson. I also found a late 60s or 70s ascot. You see me wearing the ascot with a 1970s Woolrich jacket that I got last January. I also got a pre-1915 Brooks Brothers morning coat a few months ago but I never took a picture of it until today.

1970s Woolrich jacket and late 60s-70s ascot.

jAI80V8.jpg

Super finds RS. The BB morning coat is fantastic, but the Woolrich jacket takes the cake for me. Looks nice, and seems to be a perfect fit!

DNO

One Too Many
Superb find. As a member of 'The Friends of PPA' I can onlt say how jealous I am.

Thanks...it was a pretty exciting find I must admit. I'm not quite sure when Lt. Lee was commanding R Patrol but it was in that time range, although I don't think he was with PPA for that entire period. It's interesting to know you're a member of the Friends of PPA. I went through the PPA website after finding the book, specifically to compare photos in order to ensure that the photo that came with the book was indeed of members of PPA. A very useful website.

Joe50's

Familiar Face
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Picked up an rca shf-7 consollete with walnut case at a thrift shop fo a song. It was almost bought before me but when it didn't work the buyer put it back. Someone told me another local shop had somehting like it but on legs, turned out the prior owner removed the legs and used this one on a table it is considered to be one of rcas highest quality phonographs during the fifties with a 6" sub woofer and a 6v6 push pull transformer ran amp.

Joe50's

Familiar Face
I meant a 8 inch subwoofer. The other models used 6" subs. turned out the idler wheel was just stuck a little cleaning and it works great. Need to service the lyric caps this weekend. I am also planning and going to see if the other one is still for sale to see what it is; since the employee told me it was a wood cased record player like they were selling but it had legs . I might end up getting wood Danish legs and staining them walnut if I can't find the metal legs for this set

Florida Marie Desrosiers
Born: October 18, 1898, Vancouver, British Columbia
Died: February 14, 1994, Palo Alto, California

One of nine children of Magloire "Mike" Desrosiers (1862-1936), a Vancouver businessman who built the Desrosier's Block building which still stands in downtown Vancouver. Interestingly, all of her sisters were also named Marie. In 1924 she married Cornelius E. Brennan (1895-1966), a WWI veteran from South Dakota. They settled in San Francisco and later San Jose and had two sons, Walter (????-????) and Robert (1928-2011). She is buried next to her husband at the National Cemetery in San Bruno, California.

I found this photo in a large box of miscellaneous stuff that I had recently acquired. I also have a photo of her at age 3 taken in 1901.

ba88ab15-29e5-4f00-bd12-fa7e9578380f_zps2tklizvg.jpg

Last edited:

Retro Spectator

Practically Family
I picked up this wonderful Sullivan, Williams & Co. Ltd. sport coat yesterday at a local flea market/thrift store. It was made in London on August 20th 1963 according to the tag. It also has neat tennis racket buttons. I've never seen a 60s double breasted jacket before, let alone a 60s jacket with brass buttons. :D

OYBF4cA.jpg

0xgANtx.jpg

dvUiU5Z.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy