Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Thrift and/or yard sale finds

Giftmacher

One Too Many
Small pile of 78RPM records (ca 30pcs). 30's-50's. One of interesting records is Elvis Presley on Hungarian label (Qualitone)
DSC_0274.jpg

Sled Dog

Familiar Face
Was out and about yesterday and stopped into a couple of yard sales near my place.
Not expecting much on the second day of the sales and late in the afternoon...usually get good prices as people just want to get rid of the junk that they have left.
And for the most part...thats all that was left but I did find a couple of treasures..
Not sure of the age, but scored this desk clock and barometer set...I dont think either work, but I like to look of the numbers
clockbaro3.jpg

Also bought this small leather topped table
clockbaro5.jpg

The next one I stopped at had very little to choose from but I did spot this laying ion the grass..
gun13.jpg

As I am looking at it, the guy having the yard sale says" If you're interested, you can have it for 75 cents"
I musta gave him an odd look because he says "I'm open to offers on it"

gun17.jpg

Its a hand tooled, hand stitched saddle rifle scabbard, that has seen a few miles on the trail.
Fully sheep skin lined...
gun14.jpg

It needs to be re-stitched and I believe it is missing one of the leather straps
gun15.jpg

The guy selling it didnt know who Gene was or how old it is...in fact he couldnt recall where he got it from..
gun18.jpg

It will need a good cleaning and the leather will need re-conditioned, but it should turn out good as it has developed a nice patina.

gun16.jpg

I also found this old saw...I dont know anything about it but it looks old and cool and it was 25 cents

gun23.jpg

The last thing I got from him was this old Sunbeam coffee percolator...he said it worked fine but he used a drip maker now.
"If you want it, just take it" he would not take any money for it...
sb1.jpg

I made coffee this morning with it and it works perfect...considering my coffee machine died a couple of months ago..this fits on the counter nicely

Was out and about yesterday and stopped into a couple of yard sales near my place.
Not expecting much on the second day of the sales and late in the afternoon...usually get good prices as people just want to get rid of the junk that they have left.
And for the most part...thats all that was left but I did find a couple of treasures..
Not sure of the age, but scored this desk clock and barometer set...I dont think either work, but I like to look of the numbers
clockbaro3.jpg

Also bought this small leather topped table
clockbaro5.jpg

The next one I stopped at had very little to choose from but I did spot this laying ion the grass..
gun13.jpg

As I am looking at it, the guy having the yard sale says" If you're interested, you can have it for 75 cents"
I musta gave him an odd look because he says "I'm open to offers on it"

gun17.jpg

Its a hand tooled, hand stitched saddle rifle scabbard, that has seen a few miles on the trail.
Fully sheep skin lined...
gun14.jpg

It needs to be re-stitched and I believe it is missing one of the leather straps
gun15.jpg

The guy selling it didnt know who Gene was or how old it is...in fact he couldnt recall where he got it from..
gun18.jpg

It will need a good cleaning and the leather will need re-conditioned, but it should turn out good as it has developed a nice patina.

gun16.jpg

I also found this old saw...I dont know anything about it but it looks old and cool and it was 25 cents

gun23.jpg

The last thing I got from him was this old Sunbeam coffee percolator...he said it worked fine but he used a drip maker now.
"If you want it, just take it" he would not take any money for it...

We'll just figure that he got it from Gene Autry. How's that? :p

A record player is a wonderful thing to own. This one does need a needle, but appears to work. Came with two 78's, as well.

That radio-record-player (Radiola?:p) is really really cool! I wish I had one. For my father. He bemoans the fact that he doesn't have a record-player anymore...

The guy responded to my ad and asked me, "I have some antiques I'd like to trade, do you like antiques?" He had my attention, and when he brought this stuff out, I knew the deal was sealed.

Gin&Tonics

Practically Family
That's what I was thinking :p

lol Ditto! Just saw a pic of him in the non-shorpy all stars thread.

These awesome finds make my modest little button-on suspenders seem hardly worth the time!
Oh well, here they are anyways:
bracesc.jpg

I rather like them. It's next to impossible to find these around here, and considering the new pair I saw at an army surplus store were $16.50 and I only paid $3.25 for these, I'm happy.

I traded off the boat. I paid 100 bucks for that, so I figured the two items were worth all of that. I haven't tested the truck yet, or not. Doubt it works.

Ok, what did you trade. :D
If the truck breaks down, I am sure you could fix it easily. If not, let me know. I have fixed dozens. Lots of trains lately though.

Thanks! I'm actually interested in selling the truck.

That truck definitely trumps my Redliner. What a great find, Tommy. :thumb:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24