Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Thrift and/or yard sale finds

Right now, I've got a couple of other things in the want list queue. :p

One these eh?:
$T2eC16dHJI!E9qSO9)RjBQGJs0kB(w~~60_1.JPG

DamianM

Vendor
Here are some of my finds at swap meets and thrifts.

At my favorite Swap meet
6 really Long Eames Design Curtain Panels -$5

dsc0071au.jpg

And some 50s rayon and velvet purses for the girlfriend - 2 for $5
scaled.php

Local Goodwill
Bakelite bangle for my girlfriend--$3
scaled.php

At Swap meet
Dexter Canvas Shoes. Where new but Ive worn them all summer long.
scaled.php

30s coffee table - $8
scaled.php

DamianM

Vendor
They sure are. I was actually in the market for early bark cloth panels but they are so expensive. So I scored on these. And Payed practically nothing for them.
The Gods Of Vintage Smiled down at me I guess.

Last edited:
Anyone know what this would be used for?
$1...had to have it :)

fork1.jpg

fork2.jpg

fork3.jpg

Looks like a bud vase made out of a fork and hollow knife handle. You should be able to find the pattern in some of the silverware books out there. That would give you a relative date as to when they were manufactured originally. Then you can figure they were made some time after that date. The knife is a different pattern than the fork. It looks like what they used to call Tramp Art.
I like it! For a buck, I think you did just fine. :D
Perhaps some one else could elucidate further.

Sled Dog

Familiar Face
Looks like a bud vase made out of a fork and hollow knife handle. You should be able to find the pattern in some of the silverware books out there. That would give you a relative date as to when they were manufactured originally. Then you can figure they were made some time after that date. The knife is a different pattern than the fork. It looks like what they used to call Tramp Art.

Did some Googleing and found a bud vase made from a bent fork and knife handle...also found this "toothpick holder" in a similar style
http://www.chickenmanart.com/store/product.php?productid=4761

Hi Folks

I found some great pieces at the local thrift today. However I was unable to load them for your viewing pleasure.
I received a message from the adminstrator not sure why. My guess I don't have enough post just yet to post pic's.
Is this correct? Anyway when I have permission to post pics I will. Thank you folks.
I enjoyed seeing all your great finds and cant wait to share mine.
Best regards
Countryclubjoe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24