Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Thrift and/or yard sale finds

Feraud

Bartender
Here is a book called Folk Songs of North America by Alan Lomax. It runs approx 600 pages and is full of lyrics, music and good info.
Alan Lomax participated in and continued the work of his father John Lomax in collecting and recording many many folk, blues, songs from around the U.S.

DSC02365.jpg

DSC02366.jpg

DSC02367.jpg

DSC02368.jpg

DSC02371.jpg

DSC02370.jpg

DSC02369.jpg

ScarlettTurner

New in Town
This was OUR DAY to go thrift store shopping!
We got this RCA Victor Victrola Model 67V1 (1946) ~
It has the swivel-out radio controls. A.M. radio, shortwave, and a phonograph.
The radio works!

radio1.jpg

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
ScarlettTurner said:
This was OUR DAY to go thrift store shopping!
We got this RCA Victor Victrola Model 67V1 (1946) ~
It has the swivel-out radio controls. A.M. radio, shortwave, and a phonograph.
The radio works!

radio1.jpg

Oooh! That's a beaut! I'd love a console like this.

RedHotRidinHood

Practically Family
Feraud said:
Here is a book called Folk Songs of North America by Alan Lomax. It runs approx 600 pages and is full of lyrics, music and good info.
Alan Lomax participated in and continued the work of his father John Lomax in collecting and recording many many folk, blues, songs from around the U.S.
I worship the ground that the Lomax men walked on....they did so much for the history of American Folk Music that it can't even be measured. What a fantastic book!! :eusa_clap

Starius

Practically Family
Hah, I love those cloth covered chords, PrettySquareGal.

I got this at the flea market, yesterday.

diplomat1ru1.jpg

Bell & Howell Filmo Diplomat 16mm film projector. Nice working condition, original storage case and some original printed material (though not the manual.)

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Starius said:
Hah, I got this at the flea market, yesterday.
Bell & Howell Filmo Diplomat 16mm film projector. Nice working condition, original storage case and some original printed material (though not the manual.)

WOW. How much?
Nikki

Starius

Practically Family
He had $35 on it. I asked if he'd take $30 for it, and he did. So I was happy. Just $4 more than I paid for my 8mm Revere projector. I did a little digging around for info on this model online, yesterday, and saw that they go considerably higher in some places. So, all in all, I'm very happy.

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
In the '60s . . .

Made by A.I. Morrison & Co. in Detroit, from 1961 to 1965, Lincoln would place a paperweight like this one in the glovebox of your new Continental before delivery to you. It would have your name on it. In 1966, the base was changed to a dark wood.

I found this one at a yard sale about fifteen years ago. I bought it for $2.50. A reproduction cost over $35.00 at the time I found it. The original name plate read, "Livonia Mare." It fell off a couple years later, so I had a trophy shop make one with my name. The only difference is that the original name plate is beveled. I still have it.

dscn0561.jpg

dscn0566-2.jpg

Starius, that is one fantastic projector! A real beauty! :)

Lee

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
MrNewportCustom said:
Made by A.I. Morrison & Co. in Detroit, from 1961 to 1965, Lincoln would place a paperweight like this one in the glovebox of your new Continental before delivery to you. It would have your name on it. In 1966, the base was changed to a dark wood. Lee

I adore the way businesses gave out such cool freebies and bonuses back then!

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
Feraud said:
Yep. Businesses today like Staples charge you for that silly red button thing..

That's right! They make us pay for their marketing! And people buy! :eusa_doh:

Businesses used to hand out all KINDS of nifty free things...snack service sets, pinup calendars...

eniksleestack

One of the Regulars
Found this Wilson Sports Equipment athletic jersey last week at the Salvation Army (which up to now has been a let down). What do you all think, 1930s or 40s? Kind of has a sailor-aesthetic, no?

wilson30ssmall1.jpg

wilson30ssmall4.jpg

wilson30ssmall11.jpg

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
That projector is great Starius!

Recently I picked up:

shaker.jpg

A vintage shaker--it is unmarked but it looks like 1930's aluminum. Missing the spout (I might be able to replace it) but since I paid $3.00, who cares? It's difficult to see but there are 4 sets of deco insiced lines as decoration on the body of the piece.

shoes-1.jpg

shoes2.jpg

Not vintage but a sweet pair of black suede shoes with silver buckles. I'll be a hip pilgrim this year at Thanksgiving for $3.00.

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
I've been finding a lot of Miller Studio chalkware down at the Goodwill lately. What's nice about a Miller item is that the year it was made is on the side. I just got the swans today...dated 1966.

swans.jpg
[/IMG]

veggies.jpg
[/IMG]

fish.jpg
[/IMG]

bubbles.jpg
[/IMG]

MaryDeluxe

Practically Family
CherryRed said:
I have been wanting and shopping for a Heywood Wakefield table for my den redo and low and behold what I found at my favorite Antique Mall today for the fab price of $68! Wheeeeee!!!
hwtable.jpg

Also picked up this Shawnee USA bud vase for $6 at the same booth.
vase.jpg

Cherry...Wheee is right! I'm gonna say it too, WHHHEEEEEE lol Your room is looking good!;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters