Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Thrift and/or yard sale finds

Joie DeVive

One Too Many
Had another winning week at the estate sales last week. 3 vintage patterns, and 3 vintage glass refrigerator dishes for a grand total of $3!! :eusa_clap

Carlisle Blues

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thrift 2 bucks

IMG_0768_edited-1.jpg

IMG_0770.jpg

Warbaby

One Too Many
I can't resist a bargain...

I found these brand-new boot stretchers at the thrift shop today for $2.99. When I brought them home, however, my wife pointed out that (a) they will only work in ladies' cowboy boots, (b) she does not have any cowboy boots, let alone cowboy boots that are too tight, and (c) it is not likely she will ever buy a pair of cowboy boots and if she did, she certainly wouldn't buy ones that were too tight.

Oh well.

Anyone need a pair of really nice ladies' cowboot stretchers?

BootStretchers.jpg

Forgotten Man

One Too Many
Well, last weekend was a wonderful thrifting experience! For once! lol

The gal and I went into a few small privately owned thrift shops... I found a basket that had 10 wooden department store hangers for suits from the 40s... and I asked what the price was on'em and the lady said 10c EACH!!! So, I handed her a buck and upped the suit hanger count in my closet!

Then, the next place we hit I found a nice set of white alabaster art deco bookends from the 30s or 40s... $2.99! Then, the third place we hit I came across a 30s GE milk glass mixing bowl from an old GE mixer. The bowl is mint and was priced at $4.00!

Made quite a killing that weekend! I'll post some photos soon.:)

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
Forgotten Man said:
Well, last weekend was a wonderful thrifting experience! For once! lol

The gal and I went into a few small privately owned thrift shops... I found a basket that had 10 wooden department store hangers for suits from the 40s... and I asked what the price was on'em and the lady said 10c EACH!!! So, I handed her a buck and upped the suit hanger count in my closet!

Then, the next place we hit I found a nice set of white alabaster art deco bookends from the 30s or 40s... $2.99! Then, the third place we hit I came across a 30s GE milk glass mixing bowl from an old GE mixer. The bowl is mint and was priced at $4.00!

Made quite a killing that weekend! I'll post some photos soon.:)

Sounds like you have all the luck! ;) Perhaps that means I should have you two along when I go searching for a vintage suit!

Lee

Miss_Bella_Hell

There was an orange pyrex bowl with the matching glass lid at Saver's, but I didn't get it because it was 12.99 :mad: I hate when they know what they have! lol I did get a vintage black wool wiggle dress tho for $5.

Forgotten Man

One Too Many
Well, Ashley didn't find anything that Saturday... lol but, she did on Monday.

I've been told I'm good luck to have around when shopping. It seems to find me some times. :)

We'll have get out to some vintage shops, thrift shops will not be any help in the vintage suit department I'm afraid. :rolleyes:

Forgotten Man

One Too Many
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
There was an orange pyrex bowl with the matching glass lid at Saver's, but I didn't get it because it was 12.99 :mad: I hate when they know what they have! lol I did get a vintage black wool wiggle dress tho for $5.

12.99... huh, that's nothing! I laid down $35. bucks on a Fire King jadite mixing bowl last week and it was ON SALE!:eek:

Tho? What's tho?:p

Miss_Bella_Hell

Forgotten Man said:
12.99... huh, that's nothing! I laid down $35. bucks on a Fire King jadite mixing bowl last week and it was ON SALE!:eek:

Tho? What's tho?:p

Nah, $3.99 is nothing! It wasn't jadite, that stuff is pricey. It was just the bowl. With the lid is unusual, but I have enough stuff!!

Joie DeVive

One Too Many
Estate Sale Heaven

This week I dragged home 4 pairs of shoes in my size for $6 total!
3 pairs of heeled saddle oxfords (probably 60s) in red and white, black and white, and tan and brown and a standard pair of baby blue pumps (probably 80s). All of them unworn!! Wheeeeeeeeee!!

tuppence

Practically Family
Carpet

tuppence_2009

I bought myself a roomful of vintage carpet for $12. It's fairly old because it is strip woven.

Oh, I can't get the picture to show. I've done it before, I'm following the directions????

Feraud

Bartender
tuppence said:
tuppence_2009

I bought myself a roomful of vintage carpet for $12. It's fairly old because it is strip woven.

Oh, I can't get the picture to show. I've done it before, I'm following the directions????
You want to use the IMG code.
carpet.jpg

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
tuppence said:
tuppence_2009

Photobucket has been acting VERY squirrelly for me lately. I found I have to use key functions now to copy the URL of the photo instead of the usual mouse click command I used to be able to do.

Randal

Familiar Face
Grey raincoat at Goodwill $5
photo0391.jpg

photo0393.jpg

New sports coat at thrift store $.99 (the second pic is more true to color)
photo0394.jpg

photo0395.jpg

Tan trench coat at thrift store $.50
photo0396.jpg

photo0397.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo