Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

Strapped-4-Cache

One Too Many
Found what appears to be my first vintage tie at the Salvation Army store tonight. Shorter than modern ties, no keeper on the back of the wide blade, and a simple tag inside the narrow blade.

4936e272343ab8cd9e76bb0f997645dc.jpg

bfb07092987789ae045e8c20ef1fe65b.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Found what appears to be my first vintage tie at the Salvation Army store tonight. Shorter than modern ties, no keeper on the back of the wide blade, and a simple tag inside the narrow blade.

4936e272343ab8cd9e76bb0f997645dc.jpg

bfb07092987789ae045e8c20ef1fe65b.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
It appears to be because it is! Late 40s/early 50s Arrow! That's a sweet one! Congrats. It looks great!

Can you feel the fever burning you yet? [emoji14]

Two Types, Eddie - thanks!

Eddie, the design is printed on.
Countess Mara was an Italian fashion designer married to an american Tennis champ, Malcolm Whitman. She grew tired of seeing her husbands "boring" ties, and began producing her own line of more "exotic" offerings in 1935. They typically were very limited run prints, which caused them to become highly collectible even back in the day.

Two Types, Eddie - thanks!

Eddie, the design is printed on.
Countess Mara was an Italian fashion designer married to an american Tennis champ, Malcolm Whitman. She grew tired of seeing her husbands "boring" ties, and began producing her own line of more "exotic" offerings in 1935. They typically were very limited run prints, which caused them to become highly collectible even back in the day.

Limited is correct. CM only made 25 ties in each pattern in the Golden Era. This was because she also disliked seeing two people wearing the same thing. :p

Eddie Derbyshire

Practically Family
Really nice dh66! It reminds me of a phoenix or something, with those colours!

This is a British tie, a Tootal 'Standard Quality'. Now just try and tell me it's boring!

Also, I had forgot I had these, and I thought they might be of interest on this thread. A set of Bar-Pins, still on original cardboard, made in England. Sorry for the poor scan.

Thanks for looking!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot