Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

esteban68

Call Me a Cab
Here's a recent 'Four way' tie find;
2hfqphv.jpg
x5nxqd.jpg

2w23go5.jpg
4k9u0k.jpg

Thanks Eddie! I wouldn't think it would fetch more than $5 in the shape it's in. Now if it were perfect, it might go as much as $20. Either way, I never buy with the intent to re-sell......I just do it because I like 'em.

I've seen plenty of folks on ebay asking a bomb for them, that's for sure, but I've never watched to see if they actually get it.
I have to set myself a limit, and I'm pretty good about sticking to it. About the max I'll pay is 5 or 6 bucks for one, and that's a stretch. I'll occasionally splurge, but it has to be a monumentally cool one. Too much and it starts getting into the beer money, and you gotta have priorities, right?

Scottbrad94

New in Town
I was at a vintage event this weekend in Sydney Australia (where I happened to win best dressed guy, I was rather chuffed with that.) I picked up this box of shop display ties for $45.00 AUD! All with original packaging and I'm 90% sure they haven't been removed from the box in a very long time, as they were all perfectly folded and they just felt like they hadn't been disturbed in a long time. There is 6 ties with 2 of each colour. I think one of each tie was used as a try on version while the other was kept in the box as one of each tie had a lot of creases and the other didn't. Either way they're like a silk of some description blend from the 40s, with wool interlining. I also got a lovely green wool 1940s regimental tie, with a little fringe on the hem.

tumblr_nuo13xH31D1scj4ino6_1280.jpg

tumblr_nuo13xH31D1scj4ino4_1280.jpg

tumblr_nuo13xH31D1scj4ino3_1280.jpg

tumblr_nuo13xH31D1scj4ino2_1280.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points