Show us your TIES

Discussion in 'General Attire & Accoutrements' started by Veronica Parra, Sep 22, 2005.

1. YoungTieCollector

YoungTieCollector New in Town

Hello everyone, recently joined and would like to dedicate my first post, for sharing three of the pieces that make up my collection of approx. 70 ties and will be hopefully uploading photos of the rest soon, as I have free time to do so. All three were purchased from local Goodwill stores and I believe are from the late 50's or 60's. (Please correct me if I'm wrong on this!) The tie on the far left, has no manufacturer label and was originally sold by "Smiths Clothing Company" in East Chattanooga, TN. The second, is labeled "Terylene by Ben Pulitzer, Woven in Vienna." and was sold in a Julius Lewis department store (I believe in Memphis). Last but not least, the third, which also bears no makers label.

-Nick
    1228181520.jpg

2. The Necktie Guy

The Necktie Guy Familiar Face

Welcome to the Lounge, it's nice to meet you! Hope to see more of your collection. I've always liked wearing ties, and I've been building a collection in just the past 2 years. I'm relatively new to the forum myself, but I think I've gotten some decent experience in dating vintage ties.

Judging from the labels, construction, pattern and colors, I'd say late 50's - 60's is about right.

splintercellsz likes this.
  3. YoungTieCollector

YoungTieCollector New in Town

Thank you for the warm welcome! As for my collection, it's taken me, less than a year (2018) to amass a total of 70 plus. Appreciate the confirmation of late 50's - 60's, slowly but surely building up my knowledge of how to date/assign a time period for the ties that I find. On a bit of a side note, a majority of my collection, isn't what one would typically call "vintage" and most are from the 70's - 90's, but are each still special in their own rights, regardless of age.

The Necktie Guy likes this.
  4. dh66

dh66

Nice!

Looking forward to seeing more

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

5. Michael A

Michael A I'll Lock Up

6. dh66

dh66

Nice one Michael! Hard to go wrong with a pheasant tie. Have a great 2019 yourself

Redfokker and Michael A like this.
  7. Michael A

Michael A I'll Lock Up

Thanks Dale. And happy tie hunting, or pheasant hunting as the case may be, to you.

Michael

Redfokker and dh66 like this.
  8. Michael A

Michael A I'll Lock Up

9. 50-cent tie from the thrift. Not a great tie, but the bag is cool.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Dm101

Dm101 A-List Customer

Green silk tie, green silk vest, white shirt, khaki cargos, issue boots.[​IMG]

Sent from my LG-M210 using Tapatalk

11. Big7

Big7 One of the Regulars

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Michael A, PeterB, Redfokker and 4 others like this.
  12. Redfokker

Redfokker

Wore a new vintage tie to church this morning. A wonderful gift from my sister in law in Pennsylvania. I just love this one, I believe it is a post WWII to early 1950s silk tie may by "Londoner" (can't quite make out the last couple of letters) It was originally sold in Lancaster PA which is near her town of Kutztown PA. I paired it with the bespoke Lord's Hat in bone
    colored beaver felt.

20Jan19 Purple c1945 tie colors 500x.jpg 20Jan19 Purple c1945 tie label detail 500x.jpg 20Jan19 Purple c1945 tie 500x.jpg 20Jan19 Bone Lords Hat side new tie 450x.jpg

13. dh66

dh66

It's a beauty! Nice work by your sister in law for coming up with that.

Redfokker likes this.
  14. Zachary

Zachary One of the Regulars

Fellow Gents,

Today, I'd like to share with you my personal tie collection. I'm aware of the fact that it looks somewhat … disheveled. But that's just on the photos. Every tie is carefully rolled up and stored wrinkle-free.

Enjoy!

IMG_3006 3.jpeg IMG_3007.jpeg IMG_3008.jpeg IMG_3009.jpeg

15. Short Balding Guy

Short Balding Guy I'll Lock Up

Out today wearing a vintage 40's Towncraft tie.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The tie is designed to have the pattern show above my vest. IMO, it is a well executed tie in very attractive hues.

[​IMG]

Best, Eric -

16. Dreamofgilgamesh

Dreamofgilgamesh A-List Customer

I say, that cardigan is absolutely lovely!

17. Short Balding Guy

Thanks sir. It is a Fair Isle pattern inspired waistcoat. Made in England by Coxmoore. It has terrific in hand wool feel and has rich colors in the wool used.

18. Short Balding Guy

This afternoon I have been wearing a vintage Cohama - California Swagger tie. It is a sweet 40's tie.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Best, Eric -

19. Mean Eyed Matt

Mean Eyed Matt A-List Customer

Latest acquisition:
    American tie of "Kenilworth" - 40s, I think.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. Michael A

Michael A I'll Lock Up