Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Outstanding choice!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Thanks sir. The lily pad tie seemed appropriate for the Spring occasion. My pics do not showcase the tie as well. I guess I will nee to find an occasion to wear it again. ;) Sweet!

i-qqXGfFt-M.jpg

Eric -

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Oh Man!! Stained or not...that one is a catch! Congratulations on the find!

Ha ha, yes, it hooked me. And then it turned out to be half price to boot. I think I'll give it a white gas bath the next time I clean a hat. The stains seem like oily stuff maybe so that should come out.

Thanks,
Michael

The Necktie Guy

Familiar Face
Hello! Didn't forget about you guys! :D
A lot has happened (mostly positive things) since the last time I posted, but I finished high school earlier this week!
While I was gone, I've acquired a TON of ties. A lot of 90's-2000's era ties, but also a couple from the 50's-60's.
Here's one of them:

1940's?
Navy Blue Patterned Tie
Botany Worsted Mills
100% Wool

UoRNWlB.jpg

9PBBgWA.jpg

7hGR6yO.jpg

The Necktie Guy

Familiar Face
Happy June, everyone!
These ties look like they could be cousins, despite being from different eras and brands.

Left: (Early?) 1950's
Croydon Cravat
Blue Jacquard Tie With Printed Pattern
All Silk

Right: 1990's-2000's
Robert Talbott Studio
Red Jacquard Tie With Printed Pattern
Imported Silk, Hand Sewn
Made in USA

Gf2a4Cq.jpg

0nQXpOa.jpg

xJEzFFQ.jpg

8PXTosC.jpg

Last edited:

YoungTieCollector

New in Town
I'm back! Here's one for ya'll.. Went out Goodwill hunting and found this interesting gem.. (Also found what I think is a 40's Wembley tie) It's labeled "Seydel-Wooley Co. Atlanta." Now, all I can find out about this company, is essentially, they are a textile/chemical company that came to be in 1924 (from 1907-1923, they were know as Seydel Chemicals) and still exist to this day. But, I for the life of me, can't find a single shred of info about their neckties, nor a single listing for one on sale on Ebay, Poshmark, Etsy, etc. Heck, a simple Google search, turns up zero pictures of any sort of necktie, made by this company.

Judging by the sewn in label, feel of the material(which is VERY thin)/construction, I think by the looks of things (Correct me if i'm wrong) it's from the 1930's or 40's. For being as old as I think it to be (and living its life in Goodwill),it's in incredibly great shape, save for two loose threads on the backside of it and some staining on the inside silk lining (as you see in image #3)

I'll be surprised if anyone can shed some light on this tie. Please excuse the poor cell phone pictures! This is one out of my collection that spans 100 plus ties. (Yes, I have too many ties!)

Last edited:

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
I got this big broad wool challis Rivetz of Boston a week or so ago.
IMG_1617 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_1631 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
It made it out on the street a couple of days back. I guess I forgot to upload the close ups and label photos.
Today it's the Sailfish Pilgrim getting a little neck time.
IMG_1962 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_1975 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr

Have a good one,
Michael
That Pilgrim with the jumping sailfish is as top shelf as they come, Michael!

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
That Pilgrim with the jumping sailfish is as top shelf as they come, Michael!

Thanks Dale. It's a fun one to wear, and seems to be one of my few olive sort of colored ones.

Thanks,
Michael

Vintage tie holder / color coordinate chart
fcfe0abb1733a84b58a394d7d1f36b63.jpg

Couple of recent vintage ties
ffbc4aeefa69adf417924b6fe941c420.jpg
e72dde7209c6797a6a8c87767f7db9ec.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Those are some real gems! That cowboy or especially, and that's a great Wembley. For a while they had their own color coordinating instructions on the label. The tie rack will help with the other brands, I guess. It's really cool.

Welcome to the tie thread, and we're looking forward to seeing more of your collection.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ