Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

esteban68

Call Me a Cab
Got these this weekend at a couple of local charity shops, all for £1 each, not sure of age/vintage but the look of some of the labels suggests some age but at a quid each I ain't too worried;
9ibrxe.jpg
bijf28.jpg

and the labels, first the Vardoc knitted, I believe the pure new wool mark came into being during the mid 1960's?
1eq6wn.jpg
2wgvcr6.jpg
;
the Atlas designs, these are still trading I believe, not sure of age...does the '1950s' refer to it's style or could it be a code number?
14czipe.jpg

next the all silk Hathaway imported from America
wwgmes.jpg

the Folkspeare made in finest 'Dralon'
2cscjdz.jpg
it certainly slips less than silk ties and another label that I cannot make out the script? apart from Walsall which is in the West Midlands near-ish to Birmingham I believe
263ydty.jpg

and last up "La Bella Collection" no idea of age or maker but it's a nice looking tie
118lh0i.jpg

Last edited:

Fowljesse

New in Town
Last edited:

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up

GoldenEraFan

One Too Many
Been meaning to post some ties I've gotten over the last few months.
CIMG2000.jpg

The striped tie I found among my dad's collection of '80s/'90s ties. He got it sometime between the late '50s early '60s. I refer to it as the "Tim Burton Tie". The orange tie apears to be from the '50s, and being a dog owner I couldn't resist buying this one. The duck tie is most likely late '40s. The blue hand painted tie I think is pre-WWII. It still has the Sears Roebuck price tag of $1.49. The red tie has no label and is probably from somewhere between the late '30s to late '40s.
CIMG2001.jpg

CIMG2002-1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8panelnewsboy