Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

skyvue

Call Me a Cab
I forgot I found this one yesterday. My 3rd Palm Beach thrift store find!

tumblr_m382fcGGaT1r7s6tdo1_500.jpg

Love this one. Nice find.

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
:eeek::eeek::eeek::eeek::eeek::eeek: Ok, were is the real Widebrim and what have you done with him?!

The tie of the day is an odd Cutter Cravat, I am still not sure what to think of it:
$(KGrHqFHJC0E7BcvfcB9BO4-e,QeBg~~60_57.JPG

The guy wants some serious money for the tie. He must have been looking at it too long and got hypnotized by it.:p

Very funny. He has been kidnapped by a Bigfoot living in a cave in Carmel...Great tie, but $125?! Somebody's been smoking the stuff again...

Annixter

Practically Family
Very funny. He has been kidnapped by a Bigfoot living in a cave in Carmel...Great tie, but $125?! Somebody's been smoking the stuff again...

It's pretty amazing what some people I've run into at flea markets and antique shops are asking for vintage ties. I think for $125 I'd hold out for a Dali or something that at least as valuable.

On another note, I received and read my copy of Fit to be Tied. Great stuff, and I appreciate the recommendation from a few of you. Interestingly enough, there's a floral tie on pg. 87, second from left, in red showing off-white Irish yew trees (or very similar at least) that I once owned and gave to my brother as a birthday present :eusa_doh:. Hmmm, I think I might have to ask for that one back in a trade. :p

Annixter

Practically Family
I've a question for you vintage bow-tie gents out there. I have my first vintage boater hat roaming the country in a postal truck that I hope works for me--not sure if I can pull it off, but it was cheap and worth the experiment. In the event the boater does float, I think a couple vintage bow ties are in order for the sports jacket ensemble. However, while vintage neck ties are usually hard to come by for me, I've never seen a vintage bow tie in my local thrift shops, which means I'll be looking to purchase via eBay, etsy, or another online gig, the Lounge included. What are approximate reasonable prices for run-of-the-mill vintage bow ties? Curious so I don't get ripped off out of ignorance.

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I've a question for you vintage bow-tie gents out there. I have my first vintage boater hat roaming the country in a postal truck that I hope works for me--not sure if I can pull it off, but it was cheap and worth the experiment. In the event the boater does float, I think a couple vintage bow ties are in order for the sports jacket ensemble. However, while vintage neck ties are usually hard to come by for me, I've never seen a vintage bow tie in my local thrift shops, which means I'll be looking to purchase via eBay, etsy, or another online gig, the Lounge included. What are approximate reasonable prices for run-of-the-mill vintage bow ties? Curious so I don't get ripped off out of ignorance.
10-15 $ maybe? [huh] I couldn't find cheaper bow ties last time I was looking.

MB15

New in Town
Hello Annixter
Try this: http://americanvintageclassics.com/tiesbow.html
Some of the ties aren't that cheap, but there are some very cool ones. Beside of that, the bow ties are really cheap, and there are also a lot of nice ones. They also got a nice collection of pocket squares at really good prices, altough most of them are white.
Greetings
Marco

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran