Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

And the tie of the day is Carholm:
$(KGrHqFHJCEFHo)81DcRBSB,iwwvCg~~60_3.JPG

$(KGrHqMOKooFHnwn54)lBSB,ivJ6Sg~~60_3.JPG

Pera.T

One of the Regulars
I really want a dog head tie now! Nice clock by the way! Is it antique or repro?
It's a great looking tie for sure, very exciting when I saw it hanging up in the thrift store! The clock is an original (it's electric), it belonged to my great grandmother. I believe she bought it in the very early thirties. I love it, pretty cool that it's stayed in the family too.

As for the purple flower tie above, I love bold look ties, but this is the type of design I would expect to see on something out of the 70s *yucky*

It's a great looking tie for sure, very exciting when I saw it hanging up in the thrift store! The clock is an original (it's electric), it belonged to my great grandmother. I believe she bought it in the very early thirties. I love it, pretty cool that it's stayed in the family too.

As for the purple flower tie above, I love bold look ties, but this is the type of design I would expect to see on something out of the 70s *yucky*

70s?! YOu must not have seen many 70s ties then. :rofl: That is tame next to their polyester madness. lol lol

Pera.T

One of the Regulars
70s?! YOu must not have seen many 70s ties then. :rofl: That is tame next to their polyester madness. lol lol
Haha! Unfortunately, I've had to handle my fair share of 70s ties while trawling the thrifts! Ok, maybe it's not quite as bad, but still a bit too much for my tastes ;)

That reminds me, I found a pretty far out paisley tie from the 30s a little while back. I should post a photo of it.

Pera.T

One of the Regulars
You want to see an ugly 70s tie eh?:
Aw come on! I'm sure you can do better than that, I could pick out uglier 70s ties from my local thrift with my eyes shut ;) lol

Here's that paisley tie I was talking about. I'm sure this is pretty tame compared to some of the stuff you've all dug up over the years, but by New Zealand's standards, this seems way out of place for the decade it was made in!

Aw come on! I'm sure you can do better than that, I could pick out uglier 70s ties from my local thrift with my eyes shut ;) lol

Here's that paisley tie I was talking about. I'm sure this is pretty tame compared to some of the stuff you've all dug up over the years, but by New Zealand's standards, this seems way out of place for the decade it was made in!

The steer headed tie isn't ugly enough? :p

DamianM

Vendor
construction dates to about the late 30s maybe early 40s.

I have a couple like this where the material is printed on. Only more festive with red and some kind of tropical leaf.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk