Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

View attachment 13180 View attachment 13181 View attachment 13182 View attachment 13183

Hi Folks

I purchased the blazer and waistcoat today at the local good will... The tie was an added bonus, found it in the inside pocket...

The tie is labeled, " The Royalist"-- Cohama Californial Swagger... Tie needs a good dry cleaning however the three pieces were only $6.00 and actually look quit well together...

Regards

CCJ

The Cohama Swagger ties are some of my favorites. Great finds.

Tommy

One of the Regulars
Today's Tie: 4" Crosley Cravat

Crosley2.jpg

Crosley1.jpg

Crosley3.jpg

Annixter

Practically Family
Hi Annixter

Thank you Sir, I am actually starting to acquire an "eye" for neck wear however they are not easy to find at the local good will stores etc.... But the hunt and the find is soooooooooooo much fun.

I appreciate viewing you're post and look forward to seeing more of you're classic neck wear.

Regards

CCJ

Thanks back. Yes, the hunt is exciting, as you've discovered with the suit and tie find. Nice ones.

Annixter

Practically Family
Today's is a intractably conservative affair: 4" wide Wembley "Made of Imported Priestley's Nor-East Non-Crush. The label has the awesome wrestler fellow trying to destroy the tie.

Annixter

Practically Family
Hi Tie Guru's

What is meant by the term " Resilent Construction"? When,where, and what is it, please explain.
Regards

CCJ

Good question. Resilient construction refers to a necktie's ability to be tied and untied many times without wrinkling, stretching, tearing, draping off kilter, or suffering any other premature damage. Aside from the quality of the shell fabric and how accurately it is cut on the bias, the types of liner, liner cut, and stitching come into play. Usually, necktie's advertised as Resilient Construction use a flexible, durable liner (such as wool or a wool blend) that is slip-stitched to the fabric from end to end in a way that leaves room for the liner and shell to shift when the knot is tied, drape properly when the tie is being worn, and relax back into shape when the tie is resting on a hanger--instead of the fabric binding, draping awkwardly, and retaining a crumpled figure after being untied. Ever notice that long piece of thread with a big knot on the ends dangling from the inside? That's the end of the slip stitch (don't cut that baby:p).

Check out this interesting 1934 patent for some details:
http://www.google.com/patents/US1960145

Last edited:
Good question. Resilient construction refers to a necktie's ability to be tied and untied many times without wrinkling, stretching, tearing, draping off kilter, or suffering any other premature damage. Aside from the quality of the shell fabric and how accurately it is cut on the bias, the types of liner, liner cut, and stitching come into play. Usually, necktie's advertised as Resilient Construction use a flexible, durable liner (such as wool or a wool blend) that is slip-stitched to the fabric from end to end in a way that leaves room for the liner and shell to shift when the knot is tied, drape properly when the tie is being worn, and relax back into shape when the tie is resting on a hanger--instead of the fabric binding, draping awkwardly, and retaining a crumpled figure after being untied. Ever notice that long piece of thread with a big knot on the ends dangling from the inside? That's the end of the slip stitch (don't cut that baby:p).

Check out this interesting 1934 patent for some details:
http://www.google.com/patents/US1960145

Hi Annixter

Great piece of information. Thank you kind Sir for your time.
Regards.
CCJ

Good one Doc! I loved that film. Showed it to my kids recently, the look on my 7 year old boy's face when he saw Jessica Rabbit was priceless.

Little unusual, but cool nonetheless JP

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy