Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

John T. Sarto

Familiar Face
You hit the jackpot John T. Sarto! Great finds. Those are really nice.

Van Cruise and Cohama! Good finds.

Thanks to you both. I'm pretty new to vintage ties, and have just picked up what I've found. Guess I have been pretty fortunate so far. Jamespowers, that is a great butterfly tie. Is it pinkish, or maybe lavender? It is hard to tell on my monitor.

Lets get some decent tie examples in here again:
$_57.JPG
$_57.JPG

One of my favorite labels of the era.

Eddie Derbyshire

Practically Family
Jamespowers and John T Sarto - Fantastic ties! You fellows are making me a convert ;) I've got some American ones of my own to show you now. I very rarely come across them.

I really like this one, but it is unfortunately mucky, and I can't seem to get the creases out of it! But anyway, it's a 'London Cravat - Made in U.S.A - California Creation 100% Wool Lined LaSalle Neckwear Co.'. Lovely and vibrant, with a fun but simple pattern. Also states 'Rayon'.

On the left a 'The Hub' tie, with an unusual motif and label, and I noticed it has a Union Label on the inside. Can anyone translate this for me? The tie on the right isn't American, I'm just showing it anyway.

Thanks for looking Ladies and Gents! Any info on that 'Hub' tie would be welcomed!

Eddie Derbyshire

Practically Family
Ooh! And I forgot this one. A classic British wool plaid tie by 'Old England'. I have a couple of their collars, and a few of their AMAZING cotton bib-fronted tunic shirts that I got from the Viyella factory shop before it closed down. Anyway, it's really my kind of tie!

They always have this cute little lion on their stuff.

A word on that factory shop for those who are interested - they produced the last vestiges of classic brands such as Viyella, Van Heusen, Peter England, Rocola, and even Tootal, when it largely switched over to knitwear. I have a nice Tootal sleeveless pullover from there. Also, they had stuff in the shop that had obviously been there decades - I saw a airforce-blue 1960s cotton padded belted Belstaff jacket with dust in the seams - it must have been there from day one! Sadly the factory (which my Granny, Mum, and Mother-in-law all worked at) which was a superb work of art-deco, was knocked down, and production was moved down south, with lines made to order rather than in batch. A sad day! They've built nothing in its place, which adds insult to injury. http://www.nottinghampost.com/pictures/Viyella/pictures-12277658-detail/pictures.html

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails