Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vehicles

What general era was your vehichle made:

• 30s or earlier

Votes: 38 15.8%
  • 40s

Votes: 26 10.8%
  • 50s

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • 60s

Votes: 51 21.3%
  • 70s-90s

Votes: 64 26.7%
  • New with classic features

Votes: 47 19.6%

• Total voters

GHT

I'll Lock Up
I can believe that mileage. The previous owner of my MG only clocked up eleven hundred miles in the fourteen years that he had the car, he trailered it everywhere. Vitanola, forgive me if you are familiar with classic car shows, I tend to give most a miss, just going the ones where I know the organisers and where I feel that the car is relatively safe. The hub caps on my car have the MG badge on the famous octagon in the centre of the hub cap, I have lost two of those hub caps at shows. Some people can't simply admire the cars, they have just got to help themselves to a little souvenir.

TMP

Familiar Face
This is my latest - 1965 Lancia Fulvia 2c.
IMG_20190628_190920.jpg

...and my Alfa, back when we had sun:
IMG_3104.JPG

TMP

Familiar Face
How to combine modern technology with a touch of oldschool. Here’s my latest vehicle. Been riding this beast for the past 8 months and i can’t go back to my old 67 Vespa, I’m totally converted to the whole Ebike thing. For commuting or riding off road without making any nuisance to others.

View attachment 280637 View attachment 280638
I must hear more about this bike. Who makes it? Looks absolutely ace!!

DrMacabre

One of the Regulars
I must hear more about this bike. Who makes it? Looks absolutely ace!!
Hello, it’s a retro plus made by Mariobike in china. I’ve updated a few things, seat is custom made and handlebar is coming from a small motorcycle, saddlebag is a polish army breadbag and there’s a 120db horn powered by a tiny soda bottle under the seat. it comes with a 1000w hub motor and a 52v 17ah battery. Max speed is 70kph downhill, +60 on flat. Range is approx 70km but not at max speed. I managed 83km on a single charge but I’m mostly cruising and enjoying my ride in the countryside. it has pedal assist as well as throttle. It weight about 30kg with the battery.
I paid €1800 for it including shipping from China. No extra fee at arrival, travels by train thru Poland then UPS gets it to your door if living in Europe. There’s quite a few of them in the US as well.

The original bike looks like this

80F08D06-F1A3-42A5-8DDC-A29184CCEC86.jpeg

Hello, it’s a retro plus made by Mariobike in china. I’ve updated a few things, seat is custom made and handlebar is coming from a small motorcycle, saddlebag is a polish army breadbag and there’s a 120db horn powered by a tiny soda bottle under the seat. it comes with a 1000w hub motor and a 52v 17ah battery. Max speed is 70kph downhill, +60 on flat. Range is approx 70km but not at max speed. I managed 83km on a single charge but I’m mostly cruising and enjoying my ride in the countryside. it has pedal assist as well as throttle. It weight about 30kg with the battery.
I paid €1800 for it including shipping from China. No extra fee at arrival, travels by train thru Poland then UPS gets it to your door if living in Europe. There’s quite a few of them in the US as well.

View attachment 307152
How cool.. so I’m assuming if the battery goes dead you can pedal home?

is there any like onboard generator... does pedaling or coasting charge battery or is it only wall charge?

TMP

Familiar Face

View attachment 307152

Thanks for the info. That's quite a high spec. Apparently in the UK you would have to register and tax that since it's more than 250 watts and can go more than 15.5 MPH. Alas, it would probably be liable to VAT coming into the UK too.

DrMacabre

One of the Regulars
How cool.. so I’m assuming if the battery goes dead you can pedal home?

is there any like onboard generator... does pedaling or coasting charge battery or is it only wall charge?
Yeah, if battery goes dead you better have good legs
You can find motor that regenerate the battery on break but this one does not.

Thanks for the info. That's quite a high spec. Apparently in the UK you would have to register and tax that since it's more than 250 watts and can go more than 15.5 MPH. Alas, it would probably be liable to VAT coming into the UK too.
In Europe it’s considered as a moped and needs plates, helmet and sh*t. In the UK they are a lot onto these kind of bike in terms of control but here in France, they are still way behind and unless you obviously ride over the speed limit, they won’t tell the difference between a 250 and a 1000w. Regarding the VAT, i don’t know, their shipping is rather shady imho and they might have found a loophole to avoid the customers to pay any VAT as in here. This might be different now that the UK is out of the EU though.

...Vitanola, forgive me if you are familiar with classic car shows, I tend to give most a miss, just going the ones where I know the organisers and where I feel that the car is relatively safe. The hub caps on my car have the MG badge on the famous octagon in the centre of the hub cap, I have lost two of those hub caps at shows. Some people can't simply admire the cars, they have just got to help themselves to a little souvenir.
This is one aspect of car shows that really angers me because I hate thieves. I've heard from more than one friend who had/has a restored classic car that some people simply have no respect for other people's property, and if I ever found myself in a position to enter a car in a show I'd be the guy guarding it with a baseball bat. As it is, if I'm at a show and want to take a closer look I place my hands behind my back so the owner(s) knows I'm not so much as touching his/her/their car.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
This is one aspect of car shows that really angers me because I hate thieves. I've heard from more than one friend who had/has a restored classic car that some people simply have no respect for other people's property, and if I ever found myself in a position to enter a car in a show I'd be the guy guarding it with a baseball bat. As it is, if I'm at a show and want to take a closer look I place my hands behind my back so the owner(s) knows I'm not so much as touching his/her/their car.
How fortunate for me that there's a company here in the UK that can source most MG spares, even make the hard to find parts. The hub caps are now replaced but the background colour is black whereas the original is maroon. The garage proprietor that looks after the car for me knows an experienced paint spray fellow who will restore the black to the original colour., but it's still an expense out of my pocket. I might take up that baseball bat suggestion.

vitanola

I'll Lock Up
I’m not sure how I’m going to treat the Dodge at any potential car shows. My other machines are all “driver quality”, and those I encourage folks the inspect, climb on, and have their pictures taken in. The Dodge, I think, I’ll have to drive for a few months before subjecting it to that crowd.

shouldn't be much of a problem, though, as I don’t think that car shows will be scheduled until the pandemic is mor or less controlled.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Ran across this photo of my Mom, (a bit of my) brother, sister and me on the left with the 1934 REO Royal that Dad bought Mom as it was from her birth year (any excuse ... right?). Not sure what I'm doing. Mocking my Mom or trying out for Chippendales. :rolleyes:

View attachment 307824
Fabulous photo Bob, one that you should rightly be proud of. I noticed that the windscreen wipers are at odd angles to one another. Did the car have vacuum operated wipers? The type that go slower and slower until you change gear, then they go off like they are on amphetamines.

Did the car have vacuum operated wipers?

I was a bit young to notice that type of thing (more interested in our later '58 T-Bird's trunk "eating" the convertible top), but I think they may have been vacuum operated. My '57 Cadillac Sedan de Ville -- while having power windows, power seats, "auto-scan" Wonderbar radio and auto-dimming headlights -- still had vacuum wipers.

de Stokesay

One of the Regulars

1930artdeco

Practically Family
Not quite our era but closer than a modern car. Located in the desert for decades so very little rust and only a little cancer. Have two years to get her on the road. Can’t wait to get her home and clean decades of dirt and mouse crap out-joy.

mike

Attachments

• E5C3D71F-BC29-4AD5-92E5-0D3CFCEAEAE6.jpeg
    E5C3D71F-BC29-4AD5-92E5-0D3CFCEAEAE6.jpeg
    175 KB · Views: 261
  • 57A9A6D6-5F99-4AEA-9B08-E010B3C0135D.jpeg
    57A9A6D6-5F99-4AEA-9B08-E010B3C0135D.jpeg
    158.7 KB · Views: 386

vitanola

I'll Lock Up
5EC08F71-C886-4004-80B2-413E2AEF656A.jpeg
DC25D407-654C-42BE-8D20-3A763CB6A89F.jpeg
8B64525C-1092-4655-85EA-26328898D70C.jpeg
E04D11DC-B697-41CC-BA56-6B2A05D740DA.jpeg
Well, the older sister of my Dodge is scheduled to be delivered this week. A nicely restored (though not quite as nice as the Dodge) 1925 Chrysler 70B touring car. Non-Ford, Non-Classic cars of the ‘Twenties are shockingly inexpensive these days. The pair, which were the pride and joy of their late owner came for just about one would expect for a Model A Ford in similar condition, providing that they were kept together, a stipulation to which I happily assented.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko