Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vehicles

What general era was your vehichle made:

• 30s or earlier

Votes: 38 15.8%
  • 40s

Votes: 26 10.8%
  • 50s

Votes: 39 16.2%
  • 60s

Votes: 52 21.6%
  • 70s-90s

Votes: 64 26.6%
  • New with classic features

Votes: 47 19.5%

• Total voters

RIOT

Practically Family
RUMBLERS CC - NYC

rumblers6.jpg

RIOT

Practically Family
Hope ya'll don't mind my flooding this thread with car photos, just found tons of this stuff from my club days with the Rumblers CC

*Mods, please delete if too much. :eek:

Rumblers91.gif

Rumblers90.gif

Rumblers87.gif

roger_car.jpg

RetroBabydoll

A-List Customer
MrNewportCustom said:
s I recall, they were planes. In fact, they'd be jets to go with the "jet exhaust" tail lights.

That wagon is the reason I love stationwagons. I wish that, when my parents sold it in '72, that I'd been old enough to have bought it from them. Unfortunately, I was only nine. They've always had a special place in my heart because of the memories. As I said, I still have the roof rack you see on top in these pictures, and I would restore that, too, and show it often.

Along with the grill, I also like the tailgate: The gate goes down and the glass goes up. I wish I had one now.

Lee

It's never too late. :D

Murph351

One of the Regulars
Riot, love your shots from the Rumblers CC.
Here's a tail end shot of my tribute to the 50's
myspyder.jpg

1955 Porsche 550 Spyder replica (James Dean's last ride)
When I drive this it's like a time warp.
Boy, I wish my parents had never let me play with Matchbox

Jay

Practically Family
What! You own a Spyder replica!?! That's awesome. I've always wanted one. Are they as nice to drive as they are to look at?

Murph351

One of the Regulars
Thanks,
Actually a bit rough to drive.
It's a faithful recreation: tube frame, no heater, no windshield to speak of,
no radio, no muffler, no top etc... so it is truly a SoCal weather car.
The suspension is 50's tech with skinny tires and to get a lot out of her your knuckles are usually pretty white.
I've swapped ends on this car in the canyons a few too many times. (repeat to self 100 times "never lift in a corner")
The guys who raced these in the day had cojones!
It's not for everyone but I love it.

Ms. McGraw

One of the Regulars
Twitch, good eye! Those are 56 Packard lights.

RetroBabydoll, to be fair, I didn't own a car until I was 25 when I moved back to Ohio. Before that I lived in a city and really had no place to keep one. I think it was worth the wait though!

RIOT- I can't speak for everyone else but I have no problem with you flooding this post with car photos! Ace an I drove all the way to New York for the Rumbler's car show on our first date...six years ago this August. We hope to make it back this year! :) Have you set a date for it yet? Your site is under construction.

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
RIOT . . . Flood away! That's what this thread is all about. :)

No, RBD, it's never too late. But, at this time, my finannces are going toward building a new career that I should have stayed with years ago. :)

Murph: Do you ever drive it up the 605? About four years ago I saw one just like yours going north in the afternoon. I think I snapped a picture of it. :D

Lee

RIOT

Practically Family
Thank you Lady and Gents! :)

Ms. McGraw – Wow! On a first date too! Thank you to you and Ace for making that ride up to Williamsburg, Brooklyn to be a part of the Rumblers first show. Ah, the stress of a first show, it feels like it was just yesterday lol but I think we did good? I was manning the car selections to get in the show that day, fun! :) I hope you both had a great time. I left the club back in '05 but am still in touch with all the guys, so far no word yet as to the exact date of the 8th Annual Kustom Kills & Hot Rod Thrill show but I will definitely let you know as soon as I hear of the date. Thanks again!

Murph351 – I am jealous! I always wanted to feel what it is like to be behind the wheel of a 550 Spyder, replica or not. Must be an amazing experience. Front/Rear.. disc/drum breaks?

Moby

Familiar Face
Here's one most people will not be able to identify. It's actually a motorcycle called a Pulse. I never have seen a vehicle attract so much attention on the road. I sold it 3 years ago to buy something else.This is my very first post as a new member. I hope I have attached the pic correctly.
pulse6.jpg

Jay

Practically Family
It looks like an airplane... without wings...

That thing is really cool. Does it have traditional handlebars or a steering wheel?

Moby

Familiar Face
Hi, Jay! The Pulse motorcycle has a steering wheel and controls just like a car. The canopy slides back like an airplane. It has an outrigger wheel on each side to keep it from falling over. There is a standard motorcycle motor, transmission and wheel in the rear, either a 400 Yamaha or a Honda Goldwing.

If you would like to learn more and see lot's of pics go to:

www.autocycles.org

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters