Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vehicles

What general era was your vehichle made:

• 30s or earlier

Votes: 38 15.8%
  • 40s

Votes: 26 10.8%
  • 50s

Votes: 39 16.2%
  • 60s

Votes: 52 21.6%
  • 70s-90s

Votes: 64 26.6%
  • New with classic features

Votes: 47 19.5%

• Total voters

StraightEight

One of the Regulars
Hey thanks, somehow I missed that one. I have been audio-recording these onto a music mix CD for the car and this one has better than average sound quality. Great ads, but sales were so dismal in '58 that DeSoto's fate was pretty much sealed that year.

Does anybody remember when the future was supposed to be better? Back in '58 they thought we citizens of the 21st Century would be flying around in atomic cloud cars and they wanted to express that optimism in their cars. Nowadays people think the world will end in 2012, or when Iran gets the bomb, or when the terminators arrive, or when we all contract swine flu. I write about cars and not a press release crosses my desk that doesn't extol a car's "aggressive" styling. Sharp edges, scything headlights, grimaces, high, fortress-like beltlines. Cars today aren't styled, they're armed and armored. The fashion is to be angry, fierce, as if the world is headed for one big dog fight. Sheesh.

Lamplight

One of the Regulars
Behold, my beautiful and majestic 1991 Honda Civic. Base model, of course.

IMG_4067copysmall.jpg

However, most of the time I'm using this to get around:

IMG_3506small.jpg

Or on special occasions, my favorite:

IMG_1307small.jpg

Grant Fan said:
Wow I love the second car you have it is fabulous. I am such a dork I would love to have one and paint it teal and put leopard print inside. I know that's not very vintage but like I daid dork.

Haha, that would be very fun and rockabilly! I have since sold that car, and now have another car, which is also for sale for 1500 if anyone's inerested, feel free to PM Me. The big, beautiful 1979 Buick Electra Limited.

GEDC0428.jpg

GEDC0430.jpg

GEDC0434.jpg

I love this car, only has 90,000 original miles and has hardly needed anything. All I've had to do was new brake lines and a battery. Everything works down to the cruise. This car is lots of fun and I would love to keep it. But my true love is Station Wagons and I have fallen in love with one and must sell this one to get that one. Gotta love 70s colors and luxury.

davestlouis

Practically Family
Crap, I can't get images to load...just got a 1985 Continental sedan...only year it doesn't say "Lincoln" anywhere on it. Medium slate blue, navy leather, traded some Snap ON hand tools for it. Sorta funny lookin' pseudo-retro styling that is similar to the Cadillac Seville of the early 80s, I think the intent was that it would look like a Hooper-bodied Rolls Royce...it doesn't. It does, however, have a decklid shaped like a spare tire, with individual C-O-N-T-I-N-E-N-T-A-L letters splayed out around the spare tire hump. Tacky mid 80s style, gets 21 miles per gallon in the driving I do. I figure the tools were worth maybe $300-350, so I think I did OK. I had to put 2 tires on it today, which increased its value by half or more;)

simmonsgc

Familiar Face
Papa Smurf said:
I visited my dad this weekend and got to drive his 1930 Model A for the first time, pretty exciting. All he has left to do is the interior. Here are some pictures of the occasion.

Now that is a nicely restored classic Ford truck!

Talbot

One Too Many
AtomicEraTom said:
Haha, that would be very fun and rockabilly! I have since sold that car, and now have another car, which is also for sale for 1500 if anyone's inerested, feel free to PM Me. The big, beautiful 1979 Buick Electra Limited.
GEDC0434.jpg

I love this car, only has 90,000 original miles and has hardly needed anything. All I've had to do was new brake lines and a battery. Everything works down to the cruise. This car is lots of fun and I would love to keep it. But my true love is Station Wagons and I have fallen in love with one and must sell this one to get that one. Gotta love 70s colors and luxury.

Love that woodgrain nav unit you have there:eusa_clap

Talbot said:
Love that woodgrain nav unit you have there:eusa_clap

Thank you! Ain't it just swell? It actually came with the car. I found it in the pocket on the back of the seat and just love it. I'm a sucker for woodgrain (reference: 1987 Chevy Caprice Woodie, daily driver)

matei

One Too Many
Here is my second post in this thread... I've just taken delivery of a vehicle that, although it was made in 2009, has basically the same principles as the ones that first rolled off the line back in 1948! I'm talking about the venerable Land Rover Defender!

While mine might have update features compared to the first Series Land Rovers, it is still built on a ladder frame chassis, with the all the other bits bolted on - just like cars used to be made. No monocoque construction here! The basic body shape is the same as the Series, just slightly updated.

It is really an anachronism compared to other vehicles on the market today. When you go from our other car to this, you feel like you are stepping back in time!

That was one of the reasons that we got it, because of it's rugged construction and lack of modern gadgets and electronic trickery that can break.

Without further ado, here is the Tank, as Mrs. Matei dubbed it:

IMG_0332.jpg

IMG_0333.jpg

MCPRE

Familiar Face
Here is Uncle Jesse, hes a 65 c10 with a 350 crate motor, 330 hp. A real economy ride.lol
4153735586_4f0573d98e_o.jpg

StraightEight

One of the Regulars
Which year? 57?

1958. You can tell by the quad headlights (well, I guess you can't really see them in that pic). '57 Firedomes had single headlights. And the sweep, which is hockey-stick shaped (the '57 had more of a spear pointing forward from the rear wheel arch).

My mistake, I am a GM guy, and had a 57 and 58 chevies (among others) and that was the year they switched to the quad lights. Guess it didn't work that way for Mopar. Learn something every day!

StraightEight said:
1958. You can tell by the quad headlights (well, I guess you can't really see them in that pic). '57 Firedomes had single headlights. And the sweep, which is hockey-stick shaped (the '57 had more of a spear pointing forward from the rear wheel arch).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters