Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vehicles

What general era was your vehichle made:

• 30s or earlier

Votes: 38 15.8%
  • 40s

Votes: 26 10.8%
  • 50s

Votes: 39 16.2%
  • 60s

Votes: 52 21.6%
  • 70s-90s

Votes: 64 26.6%
  • New with classic features

Votes: 47 19.5%

• Total voters

Sapphire

One of the Regulars
As wintertime came back a bit during the Easter days, I went through my 2009 photos to get some motivation in anticipation of the upcoming classic car season.

Riley RMA 1 1/2 litre from 1947, parked in the Rhine valley with the paddle motor ship (steamer until 2008) "Goethe" in the background.

8316ws.jpg

This year we will take the old lady (the Riley, not the ex-steamer) to her original home in Salcombe/Devon, before attending the Goodwood Revival in September.

Cheers,
Tom

Mike1973

A-List Customer
Talbot said:
Split windscreen motoring - does it get any better?

Talbot

Split screen motoring AND a cup of tea, now you're talking ;)

4419448027_60ea9d934f.jpg

4422565888_544b1a8909.jpg

My co-pilot Tim at the wheel on a recent 'Winter Trail'. Curious? Check out the rest of the photos -

http://www.flickr.com/photos/29051501@N08/sets/72157623586278090/

Sapphire - Salcombe is a lovely part of the country, spent many childhood holidays there, you'll love it!

Miss Sis

One Too Many
My 'new' 1936 Austin Seven Opal. It's a two seater open top model in original colouring of blue body with black wings. Original number plate.
Driving it here at a Battle of Britain Veteran's Parade in Bromley.

A surprise present from my lovely BenStephens.:D
simone.jpg

Better view of the colours.
Etsy006.jpg

Vintage lover

A-List Customer
Thanks, I try my best to keep her in good shape. Those pics were taken shortly after I got her. If you want I could take some pics of the original plaid interior.

I'd love to see it. I've got a 79 Buick Electra, Avocado green, white vinyl top, and avocado green interior. Gotta love the 70's. The car matches all my kitchen appliances!

Vintage lover

A-List Customer
Just took these today. Few cars have green interiors these days. Even fewer have green plaid lol. Do you ever have problems with the emissions systems giving you a rough idle on your Buick?
dscf0331m.jpg

dscf0332r.jpg

dscf0333e.jpg

Talbot

One Too Many
AtomicEraTom said:
I've been thinking about just desmogging the old gal, but right now I'm seeing if I can sell her off.

If you don't need the money, and you have the room, you will regret selling it.

Ask me how I know....

T

Talbot

One Too Many
There is/was a fair sized market here for converting cars over to natural gas. The government was offering a rebate of up to $2,000 per vehicle converted.

The gov't (bless em') is now talking about a cash for clunkers scheme, so I expect the rebates to be withdrawn if they haven't been already.

Folks claim that the LPG burns cleaner with lower fuel consumption. I'm a bit leerry of having a compressed gas tank in my car, but a while back Ford Australia was offering dual fuel cars from the factory floor. All taxi's here run either LPG or gasoline.

My neighbours F250 is converted and he claims to be getting around 35mpg around town.

davestlouis

Practically Family
Oh man, that plaid is something! A neighbor's grandmother had a 77 or 78 Coupe DeVille, yellow with a white top and the yellow version of that plaid interior. I seem to recall that her carpets were black though, but I'm not sure...this would have been 1982 or so, so it's getting foggy.

We don't have emissions testing on anything older than 1996 in Missouri, just a cursory safety inspection, thank heaven.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StrangeRay