Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vehicles

What general era was your vehichle made:

• 30s or earlier

Votes: 38 15.8%
  • 40s

Votes: 26 10.8%
  • 50s

Votes: 39 16.2%
  • 60s

Votes: 52 21.6%
  • 70s-90s

Votes: 64 26.6%
  • New with classic features

Votes: 47 19.5%

• Total voters

fashion frank

One Too Many
That thing is sweet, FF!! Looks to be in great shape.

FF, that is an amazing ride!

Thanks fellas I am having a great time with it .

The newest thing is the five new tires that I just bought for it .
A fellow member from my Model A club has been helping me mount the new tires .
You cant even go anywhere and have it done because cars today are all tubeless and my car has inner tubes plus you need the flat tire irons to break the bead on the tires to get them off and to mount the new tire.

All the Best ,Fashion Frank

Looked at this 3/4 ton 4 wheel drive 1986 Suburban today. Really nice, but the guy is asking way to much. Also, maybe I need a pick up, since I already have the Suburban :D

a43be582da1e50b001ee26d70f38feb5.jpg

You want two suburbans now? That great Chevy car feeling got to you eh? :p

OOOH! A six pack with the 454. Me likey! :clap: Go get it before someone else does!

I spoke with him this evening. He sounds between 55-65 yo white guy, and has had it for 26 years. Current inspection. He says the dash and seat covers are shot, but who cares? He claims it runs like a champ. plus, who doesn't like a wife that gives the green light? :p
Being a Mustang man, I forgot how you can pick up older cool stuff for pennies on the dollar! I hate the fact that some cars are chosen as "collectible", and others are overlooked. I look at my Mustangs as drivers, not dollar signs.

I spoke with him this evening. He sounds between 55-65 yo white guy, and has had it for 26 years. Current inspection. He says the dash and seat covers are shot, but who cares? He claims it runs like a champ. plus, who doesn't like a wife that gives the green light? :p
Being a Mustang man, I forgot how you can pick up older cool stuff for pennies on the dollar! I hate the fact that some cars are chosen as "collectible", and others are overlooked. I look at my Mustangs as drivers, not dollar signs.

You mean you can't recover a few measley seats? :p
I would be burning gas in it already if it were me. Those cost a ton more out here. They are collectable out here. :p
I look at my cars as cars as well. However, people alays trying to buy them from you tend to make you look at them as something you can sell if you don't want them. :p

You mean you can't recover a few measley seats? :p
I would be burning gas in it already if it were me. Those cost a ton more out here. They are collectable out here. :p
I look at my cars as cars as well. However, people alays trying to buy them from you tend to make you look at them as something you can sell if you don't want them. :p

True. It's a deal for sure, as long as it's not a rust bucket. If it runs like he says, and the rust is not terrible, I will be having me another bow tie. :p

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
lol lol

I am seriously considering this. :D I'll bet 1800 takes it.

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/cto/5085315001.html

I would think, the engine alone is worth that! Back in the 80s, we took one of those out of a truck and put it into a 60s Fairlane, with Nitrous. It would turn in low 12 second quarter miles at almost 5,000 feet. Then, the kid would drive it to school and work every day. He called it Martha! Oh, Martha, where are you now?

hillbilly blanco

New in Town
Here's my current vintage ride a 1927 Chevrolet Capitol although it is shortly to be replaced If I get my hands on a car I'm currently chasing.

Looked at this 1971 Mustang convertible this weekend. It was in rough shape, but all there. His description in the paper was poor, so I looked at it in hopes of maybe finding something worthwhile. Oh well.

94a3db94046496317c776e713705d940.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart