Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vintage home!

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Couldn't wait

It's naughty of me, but I'm so excited about my new acquisition I'm posting this here as well as the Show Us Your Radios Thread. It's my "new" Spartan 528-2 radio (1938), sitting on my display case in my bedroom, with misc chachkas, inspired by the other folks here in the Lounge. Alongside it is my vintage floor lamp. I'm dying to hear people ooh and ahh over my radio! It sounds great, tho there's something a little loose inside that makes some scratchy noises. Need to fix that. Anyhoo, here it is:

Spartan528-2002.jpg

MaryDeluxe

Practically Family
dhermann...Wow, OOOHHH AAAHHHHH ;) that's a really neato radio! Where did you aquire it? I must also add that I really like the display case it's sitting on too! Why I think I see a woody wagon in there with a surfboard strapped to the top! Cool!

Cherry that's so sweet that I have inspired you:D I can't wait to see your place when it's all done!

Thank you Henrik!

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
1940 Ford woody wagon

Of all the things to notice! There's my dad's 1938 Vightlander camera, a 1690 vintage Dutch brick from a lower Manhattan excavation, a cast iron hunk of decoration that fell off a 1908 vintage elevated IRT Subway station, a toy Titanic, that sinks authentically when you put it in the tub, a wood inlay box brought back from Egypt in 1963. Just misc chachkas. Thanks SO MUCH for the OOOH AHHH. I really needed it today. :)

MaryDeluxe

Practically Family
dhermann1 said:
Of all the things to notice! There's my dad's 1938 Vightlander camera, a 1690 vintage Dutch brick from a lower Manhattan excavation, a cast iron hunk of decoration that fell off a 1908 vintage elevated IRT Subway station, a toy Titanic, that sinks authentically when you put it in the tub, a wood inlay box brought back from Egypt in 1963. Just misc chachkas. Thanks SO MUCH for the OOOH AHHH. I really needed it today. :)

What can I say, I'm a car girl!lol Very cool chachkas! Anytime you need an OHHH AHHHH to brighten your day, you just let me know!:) Hope you have a better tomorrow!

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Titanic

It has a little latch on the bottom that makes the water come in, and then it breaks in half like it's supposed to when it's halfway sunk. My late wife bought it for me several years ago when I complained that all she ever bought me for my birthday or Christmas was gloves, scarves, shirts, etc., etc. Clothes, clothes, clothes! I told her I wanted TOYS! So she went out and found this. So it's pretty special to me.

ClaraB

One of the Regulars
Neat

MaryDeluxe: You have such a wonderful space, and wonderful taste as well! Great colors, love the lamp (and the kitty).
DHermann1: I have such a soft spot for vintage radios, this is a beauty! Love the display case and all your treasures inside.

Thanks for sharing!

This is such a neat thread, I love seeing how everyone decorates!

ClaraB

One of the Regulars
Home Sweet Home

I've really enjoyed looking through this thread and thought that I'd make my own contribution.

I moved here in month ago. This was the first apartment I looked at and as soon as I pulled up to the house I knew I had to live here.

This is the Eastern side of the building. The house was built in the 1860's and used as a single family house until the 1940's. sorry for the poor image quality
ExteriorOne.jpg

The house has all sorts of wonderful details such as these windows on the front stairs.
StainedGlass.jpg

This is my front door. Note the wall paper and the tin!
7.jpg

There is a fireplace in my parlor, it doesn't work but it is beautiful none the less!
VideoSnapshot3.jpg

The apartment has character and charm all on its own (fireplace, claw and ball tub, wonderful woodwork) but of course I had to add a few charms of my own.

My unusual lamp.
balllamp.jpg

My Zenith (and ipod dock).
radio.jpg

My desk.
desk.jpg

Perhaps I'll post more pictures in the future, when I have better quality images....there is a lot more to see!

JitterBugJenny

New in Town
Lane cedar chest
$50.00
Consignment store
102_0870.jpg

My newest baby!
Burl Vanity Circa 1920's?
Original price $500.00
My purchase price after several reductions (consignment)
$120.00!
This thing is in mint condition! The handles are gorgeous!
102_0924-1.jpg

102_0925.jpg

102_0926.jpg

SamMarlowPI

One Too Many
If you can look past the "moving in" mess, these 3 pictures show a bamboo chair, table and couch that my grandmother had in the early to mid 50's...when we get done moving in ill show the rest...clean

Furniture3.jpg

Furniture2.jpg

Furniture1.jpg

SamMarlowPI

One Too Many
JitterBugJenny said:
Lane cedar chest
$50.00
Consignment store
102_0870.jpg

My newest baby!
Burl Vanity Circa 1920's?
Original price $500.00
My purchase price after several reductions (consignment)
$120.00!
This thing is in mint condition! The handles are gorgeous!
102_0924-1.jpg

102_0925.jpg

102_0926.jpg

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

the vanity!!!! i love it!!!!!! its gorgeous!!!
though not as cool as yours, im getting my great grandmothers small desk that currently resides in my uncles barn under a nice layer of dust...cant wait! needs paint removed and a nice stain...then i get to use it..still love the vanity!! so psyched

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn