Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vintage home!

Well, with vintage home comes vintage things giving up.

One of the retaining walls in my back yard gave way, and we began construction on it over the weekend. We are on hiatus until I can find a way to get dirt up to this spot. The back yard is very steep and hard to access.

12033216_10153658258419330_7440224040620672254_n.jpg
12049684_10153658258954330_1062314463332977669_n.jpg
12049269_10153658258669330_1084410793230356536_n.jpg

fashion frank

One Too Many
Kind of funny, with the sun going down, I got a dreamy look that I kind of like! No, that's not me, I hired a crew to update the trim, paint the inside of the garage, and the underside of the garage eaves, not sure why the painter before skipped that? Tomorrow, I will get some better photos. It is really striking with the new colors, and getting nothing but complements! For now, a teaser.

Spearman really digging the house nothing like a vintage home ! I moved into one two years ago and love it . Also the area I live in is called a "historical district " and my home is actually one of the newer ones it was built in 1914 , nine foot ceilings, nine inch baseboards , hardwood floors throughout the house , central staircase etc.etc.etc. How many rooms do you have and what's the square footage if I may ask ? Here is a shot of my home. In closing I wanted to also say even though it's a pain removing the knob and post wiring is very smart that stuff is dangerous and your doing it right , in the end you will be glad you did it correctly! Good luck going forward and look forward to all of you updates All the Best , Fashion Frank
image.jpeg

Fashion Frank - I love your house, just love it. It is a beautiful gem. And wonderful landscaping. If you ever feel like it, I'd love to see more pictures and of the inside as well as I image the woodwork, etc. is stunning.

Last edited:

fashion frank

One Too Many
Fashion Frank - I love your house, just love it. It is beautiful gem. And wonderful landscaping. If you ever feel like it, I'd love to see more pictures and of the inside as well as I image the woodwork, etc. is stunning.

Thanks FF we love our "new" old house no cookie cutter house for me !
We have been putting nothing but vintage furnishings in the house,I could put up more pictures of all the bedrooms and study and other rooms perhaps in another post.

All the Best ,Fashion Frank

[URL=http://s1153.photobucket.com/user/fashionfrank/media/DSCN2593_zps1f634efd.jpg.html] [/URL]

Last edited:
^ Holy cow, that is gorgeous. Congratulation, you have a a beautiful home. The woodwork, the radiators, the floors, that fireplace and your beautiful furnishings are stunning. It is a gem inside and out. Enjoy. And thank you for posting the additional pictures.

fashion frank

One Too Many
Ah what the hell I'll put up a few more since you seem to enjoy it so :p

My wife refer's to this as the party porch ,nothing like sitting out here in the summer with a cold one listening to the 1920's Radio Network its bigger than it looks in this shot.

Just a shot of the floors right before we moved in ,in fact this was the day we did the walk thru before we signed off on the house.

Built in gas fireplace ,once that sucker gets going and the blower kicks on it gets really toastie in there ,awesome on a cold winters night .

Victorian umbrella stand that I completely did over and it's in our front hallway.

What it looked like when I took it all the way back to bare wood ,it was from 1860 or so also if you look carefully in the background at the house behind its a huge victorian all of the house's around me are like that .
As I stated in the last post my house is one of the "newer" houses in the area ,in fact the whole area is called The North End Historic District and its on the landmark of historical places in my state.

Last edited:
Beautifull, Frank. I'm such a fan of houses from that era. You posted some pics of your front porch some time ago and I knew then I would love the interior. Hey, in your pic showing the outside of your house, what's up with the fire plug violation? :)

fashion frank

One Too Many
Beautifull, Frank. I'm such a fan of houses from that era. You posted some pics of your front porch some time ago and I knew then I would love the interior. Hey, in your pic showing the outside of your house, what's up with the fire plug violation? :)

Ah busted ! Thats in case me and Flo gotta make a quick get a away from the coppers, you dig me Jack ;)

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Spearman really digging the house nothing like a vintage home ! I moved into one two years ago and love it . Also the area I live in is called a "historical district " and my home is actually one of the newer ones it was built in 1914 , nine foot ceilings, nine inch baseboards , hardwood floors throughout the house , central staircase etc.etc.etc. How many rooms do you have and what's the square footage if I may ask ? Here is a shot of my home. In closing I wanted to also say even though it's a pain removing the knob and post wiring is very smart that stuff is dangerous and your doing it right , in the end you will be glad you did it correctly! Good luck going forward and look forward to all of you updates All the Best , Fashion Frank
View attachment 37273
My neighborhood was just made part of the Historic district this year. It is 2200 Sq ft, but, that includes the partial basement, and the closed in back porch, neither are really living space. I have the tall ceilings, except in the up stairs bath, which, on an 1888 Queen Anne was an afterthought. Yes, I knew when I bought it, I would be doing a lot of wiring, still, I saved thousands by being able to do it my self! Love your Model A , have been kicking around for a Pickup, or even an AA Truck.

fashion frank

One Too Many
Thanks for getting back to me Stearmen and yes it seems that our houses are about the same size. Mine is about 21,000 SQ but I don't know what it would be if I counted our porches and the basement . My house also has three bathrooms, one on the first floor ( it's just a small one with a sink and toilet) and two full ones upstairs , one in the main upstairs hallway and we have a separate one in our bedroom . I like what your doing with the trim painting very true to form, you should see some of the Queen Anne ones around here with all the gingerbread trim the way some of them are painted, the trim that is can keep your eyes very busy ! Keep up the good work it's a labor of love and your house will just keep getting better and better!
All the Best , Fashion Frank

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for getting back to me Stearmen and yes it seems that our houses are about the same size. Mine is about 21,000 SQ but I don't know what it would be if I counted our porches and the basement . My house also has three bathrooms, one on the first floor ( it's just a small one with a sink and toilet) and two full ones upstairs , one in the main upstairs hallway and we have a separate one in our bedroom . I like what your doing with the trim painting very true to form, you should see some of the Queen Anne ones around here with all the gingerbread trim the way some of them are painted, the trim that is can keep your eyes very busy ! Keep up the good work it's a labor of love and your house will just keep getting better and better!
All the Best , Fashion Frank
Thanks, Frank! I have two bathrooms, a full one on the main level and a 3/4 upstairs. Well, I will have a 3/4 upstairs, when I can get back to it. My truck is down, right when I need it most. Got to laugh at the timing!

Beautiful photo, Big Man!! I wish fall looked like that down here.

Frank, your house is awesome, and your porch is the bomb! I'm drinking a cold beer right now, and imagining I'm on that porch.

Nice job, Tom and family! Laying crossties is waaay down there on my list of things I enjoy doing. True story.....years back I was involved in building a couple of new homes on a steep hillside. There was a couple guys building crosstoe retaining walls to keep the hill from sliding into the back of the houses. One day we were heading out to grab some lunch, and one of the older guys had a tie propped across his thigh cutting it down with a small chainsaw. Whoa! I asked him, what's up with that? STFU was his reply, he'd been doing this since I was in elementary school. Well, we got back from lunch and.....no crosstie guys. He'd dug that ****ing chainsaw into his leg clean to the bone. Dumb@ss.

FadingFast the ivy climbing up your building is truly a sight to behold...and so is that mailbox.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails