Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vintage home!

lolly_loisides

One Too Many
Going to go & have a look at this Sydney apartment this weekend.
2009283386_7_FS.JPG

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
I suppose my taste is the opposite of minimalist - clutterist maybe? I adore having odds and ends all over the house, in particular I don't like to have any space on the walls. Taxidermy, old advertising posters, old film posters, film stills (mainly from British comedies from the 1940s through to the early 1960s). I'll start with the hallway:

IMG_0910.jpg

Now the living room:

IMG_0914.jpg

Grant Fan

Practically Family
Two Types, I like the pictures all over the walls. I like to have stuff on the wall too. I really enjoy your first photo, there is so much to look at. I always tell people that I keep tons of stuff on the walls because then I am not distracted by the rest of the world.

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
Two Types, I like the pictures all over the walls. I like to have stuff on the wall too. I really enjoy your first photo, there is so much to look at. I always tell people that I keep tons of stuff on the walls because then I am not distracted by the rest of the world.

Cheers. The photos go all the way up the stairs, along the landing then up to the loft room. Trouble is, I'm still buying new stuff and am fast running out of space. I keep trying to convince my wife we need a bigger home - especially a bigger entrance hall. I shall try to make some more photos of other parts of the house. The trouble is getting the right angles.

Grant Fan

Practically Family
Two Types perhaps you should try rotating pictures that way you can have all the ones your want just maybe not up at the same time

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
Two Types perhaps you should try rotating pictures that way you can have all the ones your want just maybe not up at the same time

I do try that sometimes, but then I end up missing the ones that have been taken down. I actually turned down the chance to buy something fantastic today. It was a set of bull's horns. The trouble is, they are five feet wide! I have got a space for them but they are just too big. (mind you, I'll probably be back there next week to buy them!)

Grant Fan

Practically Family
Ok so here are more of the house
Here is our newly painted front door
doorafter002.jpg

and from the street (it was dull unpainted wood before)
doorafter001.jpg

and here is the half bath after we stripped the several layers of wallpaper to the best of our ability. Many of the layers were plastered partially over and we couldn't smooth the wall. My father suggested using paintable textured wallpaper, and even helped us hang it. I selected a bamboo print and we painted it just yesterday.
house001.jpg

house003.jpg

And the WW2 poster I found, it reads ("I'm going to wipe them out) I couldn't help but find it amusing for the bathroom
house002.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy