Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vintage home!

airgrabber666

One of the Regulars
The picture doesn't show any flaws at all, but then again those are part of the charm ;)
You're so lucky to have all the built-ins, the breakfast nook and the garage. Especially the laundry chute. Ours was used for wiring and closed up in most areas of the house.

Any pictures of your place, Miss rue?

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab

airgrabber666

One of the Regulars
Hi airgrabber :)

Yep you can see it here:

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?9248-Show-us-your-vintage-home!/page119

We were also on a Christmas tour to raise money for the Historical Society, so I tool more pictures of the inside later too:

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?9248-Show-us-your-vintage-home!/page121

Beautiful and gracious home, Miss rue! I love the exterior color...my monitor shows it to be a creamy yellow color, is that accurate?

Your house has some wonderful built-ins and a fantastic fireplace! My place looks rather shabby compared to your sturdy and well-maintained foursquare. I must admit, I'm a bit jealous...;) Do you frequent the OHW boards?

rue

Beautiful and gracious home, Miss rue! I love the exterior color...my monitor shows it to be a creamy yellow color, is that accurate?

Your house has some wonderful built-ins and a fantastic fireplace! My place looks rather shabby compared to your sturdy and well-maintained foursquare. I must admit, I'm a bit jealous...;) Do you frequent the OHW boards?

Thank you so much! It's a labor of love, but it was hard work to get it to where it is now and we still have work to do. It looked like an apartment with some nice details when we bought the place and had no idea what to expect when we started working on it. Yes, it's a creamy yellow called 'tea room' from the historic collection at Lowes. It was the closest match to the color I found underneath all the layers of grey and white paint.

Don't be jealous, your house is darling :)

This is the only board I'm on with any frequency now, but I'm a member of my old house . I haven't been over there in over a year though.

Rue, your house is perfect, I just feel at home looking at the pics!

I'm house shopping right now, and found a nice Victorian house, needs work, but it's only 49,900, which is cheap for around here.

airgrabber666

One of the Regulars
Thank you so much! It's a labor of love, but it was hard work to get it to where it is now and we still have work to do. It looked like an apartment with some nice details when we bought the place and had no idea what to expect when we started working on it. Yes, it's a creamy yellow called 'tea room' from the historic collection at Lowes. It was the closest match to the color I found underneath all the layers of grey and white paint.

Don't be jealous, your house is darling :)

This is the only board I'm on with any frequency now, but I'm a member of my old house . I haven't been over there in over a year though.
I love that color! My neighbor's house is painted a similar hue...with white trim and forest green details. I'm not much of a green guy, but that's what I have to work with... lol :)
I lurk over at the Old House Web forums: http://www.oldhouseweb.com/forums/
I'm sure the others there would love to see pictures of your great home (hint, hint). Oh ,by the way...the tiles in the background of your avatar pic look exactly like the ones in my bathroom!

Last edited:

rue

Very beautiful home, Rue!!

Thank you Martin... how sweet of you to say :D

Rue, your house is perfect, I just feel at home looking at the pics!

I'm house shopping right now, and found a nice Victorian house, needs work, but it's only 49,900, which is cheap for around here.

Tom, you are welcome to drop in anytime. I'll make sure to have a cold pabst blue ribbon waiting for you ;)

49k?? Wow. Make sure you have an inspection so you know what you're getting into.

I love that color! My neighbor's house is painted a similar hue...with white trim and forest green details. I'm not much of a green guy, but that's what I have to work with... lol :)
I lurk over at the Old House Web forums: http://www.oldhouseweb.com/forums/
I'm sure the others there would love to see pictures of your great home (hint, hint). Oh ,by the way...the tiles in the background of your avatar pic look exactly like the ones in my bathroom!

I like green if it's done right. That sounds nice :)
I'll see what I can do about dragging myself off of here and check it out ;)
How cool.... I love my pink bathroom :D
Is that your daughter in your avatar? She's darling :)

airgrabber666

One of the Regulars
Thank you Martin... how sweet of you to say :D

Tom, you are welcome to drop in anytime. I'll make sure to have a cold pabst blue ribbon waiting for you ;)

49k?? Wow. Make sure you have an inspection so you know what you're getting into.

I like green if it's done right. That sounds nice :)
I'll see what I can do about dragging myself off of here and check it out ;)
How cool.... I love my pink bathroom :D
Is that your daughter in your avatar? She's darling :)

Thank you...yes, that's my Little One! :D She's easily the best thing that's ever happened to me. She also has the biggest heart you can fit in such a little person! I'm not even a bit biased, either...;)

Regarding bathrooms...here is a pic of mine after I put a new toilet in, just so you get the idea...
hat152-1.jpg

Is it a match? A previous owner apparently remodeled it approximately 1957.

rue

Thank you...yes, that's my Little One! :D She's easily the best thing that's ever happened to me. She also has the biggest heart you can fit in such a little person! I'm not even a bit biased, either...;)

Regarding bathrooms...here is a pic of mine after I put a new toilet in, just so you get the idea...
hat152-1.jpg

Is it a match? A previous owner apparently remodeled it approximately 1957.

No not bias at all ;) It's okay, I'm the same way about mine :D

It's exactly the same! The tile is from the early fifties, but I think it would have been available then too. The shower is a beige/tan color mixed with the pink. Do you have a mix?

Well, thank you! I will keep that in mind if I'm ever in town. Ironically, I'm drinking a cold Pabst Blue Ribbon as I'm reading this :)

The house is a bit of a fixer-upper for sure, but compared to a flipper we did 5 years ago for 48,000, it's a way better deal. We put 10,000 into that house and sold it for 109,900. Between my pop and me, we should be able to handle just about anything a fixer-upper could throw at us.

Last edited:

rue

Well, thank you! I will keep that in mind if I'm ever in town. Ironically, I'm drinking a cold Pabst Blue Ribbon as I'm reading this :)

The house is a bit of a fixer-upper for sure, but compared to a flipper we did 5 years ago for 48,000, it's a way better deal. We put 10,000 into that house and sold it for 109,900. Between my pop and me, we should be able to handle just about anything a fixer-upper could throw at us.

Good because I mean that sincerely :D

Well then you already know what you're doing, so you're ahead of the game :) I hope you get the house you want.

airgrabber666

One of the Regulars
No not bias at all ;) It's okay, I'm the same way about mine :D

It's exactly the same! The tile is from the early fifties, but I think it would have been available then too. The shower is a beige/tan color mixed with the pink. Do you have a mix?

Yes, I do...the ceiling is tiled in contrasting pink and on the wall a few inches below the ceiling runs a narrow accent band of the same pink tile. The only place that isn't tiled is the floor, actually...the PO replaced the pink tiles with a sheet vinyl floor.:(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
farmerboy