Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vintage knitting and crochet!

D

Deleted member 12480

ohh okay i just read your pm and felt very confused! Aargh, Kate, that is so lovelylylylylylyly kind of you, but as i hear how annoying it is to make things for others, i wouldn't want to put you through that just for me! :') i feel so honoured.

Smuterella

One Too Many
A couple of questions...

Kate - did you have any problems with the pattern? I've heard dradful things about errors in the book andf so haven't tried knitting anything yet.

also - does anyone have any seaming tips - i've got two projects to seam this weekend and am terrified. both a lace knits and I was wondering if I could use normal cotton rather than the self wool to reduce bulk which will be clearly visible.

Any ideas? tips?

Kate O Potato

A-List Customer
Smuterella said:
Kate - did you have any problems with the pattern? I've heard dradful things about errors in the book and so haven't tried knitting anything yet.

I can't recall finding any errors in my pattern. I've seen a couple of them listed on Ravelry, so if I make another pattern in the future, I'll check on there to see if anyone has listed any faults.

Miss Tuppence

A-List Customer
Here are some of mine (not recent) ….my recent knitted lovelies are still in a bag ready to be sewn up- icky job!
suntop.jpg

cottonjumper.jpg

bit blurred the last one:D oh, and huge!

more info on me blog!

Amie

One of the Regulars
jacket-1.jpg

jacket2.jpg

jacket3.jpg

Earlier than our era, but just crocheted this. The original 20s pattern was a bed jacket, but I added the sleeves and button. Looks more Edwardian to me.

Crafty Doll

Familiar Face
Not knit from a vintage pattern... and I wouldn't doubt if you've seen dozens of different versions of this capelet, but this this little piece will go well with many of my vintage dresses when it starts to get a bit chilly out.

I love that I can use my vintage brooches as the closure. :)

IMG_6011.jpg

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
What beautiful things you all are making. I wish I could knit. I crochet a little but the last time I tried my hands ached. I ordered a custom made 40's sweater. If it fits I am going to order more 40's and 30's styles.

ZombieGirl

One of the Regulars
My attention span is far too short for any type of needlework... I'm a total instant gratification type of girl. How sad is that?

de-stressed

New in Town
I crocheted a christening dress a few years back that turned out wonderful. I'm not sure if it is considered vintage or not as it did not come from an old pattern but I have to say, around where I live you don't see christening dresses very much anymore. Not sure if others find that as well.
I would post a pic of it if I could remember how to [huh]
I can't knit to save my life but have always found knitted pieces to be much more finished looking in general than crochet ones.

Miss Tuppence

A-List Customer
Amie said:
That is gorgeous. Where did you get that yarn?

I’m afraid I bought it in a local charity shop so I don’t know where it originally came from. All it stated inside the cone was that it was mercerised cotton. Sorry I cannot be of more help. :(

Puzzicato

One Too Many
de-stressed said:
I'm not sure if it is considered vintage or not as it did not come from an old pattern but I have to say, around where I live you don't see christening dresses very much anymore. Not sure if others find that as well.

My cousins (almost 6 and almost 12 ) were christened in the Victorian lace dress that their mother, grandfather and great grandfather had worn, but they are the only times I have seen a christening dress.

de-stressed

New in Town
Same for me Puzzicato, my kids were the only ones I have seen since I can remember to ever wear one.

Ok, here's my dress.. turned out a lot larger than I had planned for it to be and is now safely stored away for who knows when.

Christeningdress.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran