Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vintage patterns!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Jenniferose7 said:
I am salivating over that simplicity premier pattern. This thread always makes me want to go get more patterns on Ebay but I really need to focus on making up the patterns I already have at home.

Im with you on that one. I need to get more creative in piecing patterns from other patterns to get the outfit i want before I buy other patterns.
*phew*
Its hard, there are so many pretty pattern....s :)

LD

Hestia

Familiar Face
Disappointment!

Aw, my patterns came, but they sent the wrong one! The Hollywood they sent was not the one I bought with the cute playsuit, it was another one that is just slacks and a top. No skirt at all. :( Boo! The seller refunded me immediately and said she'd look for the right one, but I doubt it'll turn up.

The McCall is nice in person anyway. Back to my playsuit search.

Hestia said:
No time like fall to buy up patterns for beachwear, right? I bought these both because I just couldn't decide, and they were both cheap. I love the top on the McCall one, but I also like the idea of an all-in-one playsuit like in the Hollywood one. And the McCall top would look good with the Hollywood skirt, too, so I can shuffle the bits all around if I like.

4044298878_0551f2440b.jpg
4044299018_fee43373cf.jpg

zendy

A-List Customer
YAY YAY!

I've been feeling terrible and have been staying home from school. So naturally, I've been making myself feel better by paying way to much for patterns. Specifically this one:
buttondress.jpg
it wasn't that much(just a lot for my mini student salary), but I can always offset the price with this one. $4.99, oh yeah!
scan0649_003.jpg

Hestia

Familiar Face
Ah, I am soothed from the loss of the playsuit by the acquisition of a lovely slim suspender-skirt pattern:

4074440090_95f7f2452c.jpg

High shaped waistband YES!

SayCici

Practically Family
Hestia said:
Ah, I am soothed from the loss of the playsuit by the acquisition of a lovely slim suspender-skirt pattern:

4074440090_95f7f2452c.jpg

High shaped waistband YES!
So cute!! I've been looking for something like this forever.

zendy, feel better! That first dress is totally made by the details and I have a pattern with a very similar bolero!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Picture6.png

$11.50! 44 bust
My max was $12.
I think this one will make a better leisure bra pattern than the other one.
Ive already cut out the panties in the other one in a silver silk :)

LD

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Has anyone noticed that starting prices on patterns are getting higher online?
$12, $15, $20 out the gate?

I think that $300+ evening gown that sold a few weeks back has something to do with it. :(
There also seems to be a dry spell of larger sizes too.

Ah, poo.

LD

zendy

A-List Customer
LD: I have noticed there being a lack of larger sizes, maybe we bought them all up :eek: and what did happen to the $2.99 starter price! I'm more willing to grade up with the deals we were getting months ago

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Lady Day said:
Has anyone noticed that starting prices on patterns are getting higher online?
$12, $15, $20 out the gate?

I think that $300+ evening gown that sold a few weeks back has something to do with it. :(
There also seems to be a dry spell of larger sizes too.

Ah, poo.

LD
Oh, yeah! AND there are a couple sellers who have all, or most of their inventory at BIN prices for $50 and up. I've started seeing the same patterns on retail sites for less than eBay, which used to not be the case. On the other hand, I have also had fewer people bidding against me and twice this week won auctions with no one else bidding. As for the larger sizes, this seems to go in cycles. If we wait a month or so, we'll probably see an upswing again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner