Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vintage patterns!

shazzabanazza

Practically Family
Vintage sewing patterns

:D Hi all,

Newbie here :)

I like collecting vintage sewing patterns. Im in the process of making my first vintage dress at the moment. Does anyone else collect vintage sewing patterns???

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
:D Hi all,
Newbie here :)
Does anyone else collect vintage sewing patterns???

Welcome Shazz :)
I don't know if collect is the best term to describe a lot of the pattern acquiring ladies her. Obsessively gather, perhaps? :biggrin:

If you are new to sewing, take a look in our sewing FAQ thread. We have tons of info collected there. You will also see in our show us what you've made thread, we have been busy making vintage inspired creations.

Take a look around and get a lay of the land and welcome!

LD

Land-O-LakesGal

Practically Family
Heres a few new to me patterns

096.jpg

Land-O-LakesGal

Practically Family
I love the first on Land-O-LakesGal.

Notice the mildew at bottom I believe that is from same seller as yours DPD I will have to go through it tomorrow and see if it is all usable before i put it in a bin in hopes of finding time to use it in the next year. I better check it cause like yours I may just need to copy it before it becomes unusable.

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
I just about died when no one else bid against me and I got it for less than $10. The only odd thing is that center bodice bit. I guess it's supposed to be worn with a camisole, because there's no mention of a vestee, ect.

shazzabanazza

Practically Family
DSC07498.jpg
[/IMG]

Im currently sewing the yellow dress, Im doing mine in black. I originally wasn't going to make the caplet but Ive changed my mind now, I reckon its relly neat :)

shazzabanazza

Practically Family
Oh, yes, the capelet, you must have it! Are you making it in yellow or in a contrasting color?

I might do a contasting colour because the dress is black and if the caplet is black it wont stand out so much. Any ideas what colour I should make it? I think white would be a little bit too much...

Last edited:

I Adore Film Noir

A-List Customer
I might do a contasting colour because the dress is black and if the caplet is black it wont stand out so much. Any ideas what colour I should make it? I think white would be a little bit too much...

I think a white capelet with black trim or a black collar would look well. I love black and white together, they're so smart. Of course, short white gloves would be perfect and throw a stunning pin on the capelet.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ormbingley