Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vintage patterns!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
4754.jpg
47541.jpg

Sadly the outfit on the right isnt a jumpsuit, its a shirt and slacks. Correction, the new 'narrow slack'. Awesome.

LD

Land-O-LakesGal

Practically Family
Cute pattern Amie. I also love the pockets.

here is my latest. It's probably the least amazing of all the patterns from this seller on ebay but I am lucky to have one any.
dscn2558.jpg

Very Cute DPD. How is the condition that one? I was bidding on some of those but with those condition issues I didn't want to pay out what some of those people paid for them.

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
4754.jpg
47541.jpg

Sadly the outfit on the right isnt a jumpsuit, its a shirt and slacks. Correction, the new 'narrow slack'. Awesome.

LD
I think I need to find a pair of later 40's slacks as the wider ones aren't very flattering on me. I like that there are for darts at the back instead of two.

Nine

New in Town
Recently got my hands on these :
stripes.jpg

sgeathdress.jpg

playsuit.jpg

60s.jpg

Excuse my hands in the photos, have to use webcam as my camera has fallen in a black hole.
Might somebody be able to point me in the direction of a guide to sizing up patterns? I think it's called grading, but I could be mistaken.

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
O! O! DPD, I have that last one. I'm planning on making it this Winter.
I am planning on making a few in flannel. I think it'll look much better on me than my Pendelton 49er.
Nine- I have a few vintage sewing encyclopedia that have grading instructions. I know that there is a webiste but I can't remember the name. I'll try to look it up. It's been mentione here a few times.

Kamikat-I am so in love withthat first pattern.

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Lovely patterns, ladies! Kamikat, love the top one especially!

Here's some patterns I added to my stash :) Now... just to find the time to sew... I feel like I haven't made myself something in forever, though I know it really hasn't been that long.
mccall5301.jpg

mccall7670.jpg

mccall7739.jpg

vogue7503.jpg

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
Lovely patterns, ladies! Kamikat, love the top one especially!

Here's some patterns I added to my stash :) Now... just to find the time to sew... I feel like I haven't made myself something in forever, though I know it really hasn't been that long.
mccall7739.jpg

I have McCall pattern that is almost exactly like this. It is a skirt and blouse though and mine is missing the short sleeve. and my skirt isn't as cool.

MarieAnne

Practically Family
Lauren - I love the pads pattern. Especially the hip pads! Are they meant to be attached to the clothing, or worn like/with shapewear?

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Thanks, gals! They're so fun! I can't wait to make them up, especially when summer rolls around :) I have some denim nearly the color of the sailor jumpsuit so I think I'll make that one up in that.

Land-O-Lakes gal, They're both one piece outfits, kinda like jump suits, I guess. I was thinking of making up the trousers of the sailor outfit and redrafting the waistband and fastening so it can fasten on the side. I think I'd wear trousers more than a jumpsuit, but I want to eventually make both :) Vintage pants are so irritating, though- I know I'll need to play with the fit a bit to make them fit better... but maybe 40s got a bit better at that than 30s pants... lol! Seems saggy crotch/butt was de-rigeur. I think it's because they wanted to still somewhat conceal the figure and make it appear more skirt-like and feminine... at least that's my theory.

MarieAnne, that's exactly what I wanted the pattern for! I saw it for the first time years ago, and every time it popped up I either forgot about it or it was out of my price range, so I just finally got lucky and snagged it from FuzzyLizzie on Etsy (thanks, Lizzie!). I am so *not* hourglass, so I find 50s shaping so interesting! I love the styles and am pretty excited to eventually try this one out. I think it sews into the garment, kind of like shoulder pads- you probably baste it in at the waist. Funnily enough, Gertie did a post on this very pattern not that long ago and even scanned in part of the instructions :)

Amie

One of the Regulars
Yay, just bought this off of Etsy:

il_570xN.92507294.jpg

I was looking for something kinda comfy, sporty, and quintessentially 40s. I especially love the single pleat in the middle and the large pockets. Just can't seem to get enough of those large pockets. Can't wait for it to arrive in the mail.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot