Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vintage patterns!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
1712.png

I like the sarong type detail on the skirt.

LD

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
They are 1910s to mid 20s. The only reason I got them was the seller has a 7 day return policy. Im going to check for pieces and if more than my liking are missing some, back they go.

LD

Lorelai99

One of the Regulars
OK I am going to break this post in half due to the amount of photos... A few years ago my brother in laws grandmother passed away and while cleaning her basement out my b-in-l handed me this box...

DSCN0098.jpg

I promptly put it in my trunk and forgot about it until last night (obviously I need to open my trunk more often...) Once I opened it it was mostly 1960 and 1970s stuff that isn't my cup of tea but I thought I would still share!!

DSCN0095.jpg

DSCN0096.jpg

DSCN0097.jpg

Then clear at the bottom of the box was this pattern which I feel in love with immediately... (And so did the attention hog cat apparently...)

DSCN0101.jpg

Which seems to be years older then the rest of the patterns in the box as I believe its date is 1959... which I usually lean towards early 40s clothing but I might have to make an exception... or I may try to add a fuller skirt so its more "me"

Lorelai99

One of the Regulars
Then I was at home (aka my grandparents in Pennsylvania) for the 4th of July and we were cleaning out the room upstairs that I sleep in because it's become my grandmothers store all room and closet in recent years and there was a really old bag with patterns in it and grandma gave it to me!!! (along with what she called a tuxedo coat?? that she bought before she married my grandfather in the 1960s!!) in the bag were some tons of mail order patterns that had my Grandmother's last name as England and worked there way up until it said Miller so without researching these and based on the fact that England was the name of Grandma's husband that died in the late 1950s prior to her marrying my Granfather I would says these patterns have a more broad range of dates from the late 50s to early 60s to stuff she made my mother when she was young. And now on to the pictures and stopping rambling!!!

DSCN0103.jpg
(the top right hand corner envelope has a pattern but no picture or instructions.... )

DSCN0104.jpg
(I thought these matching patterns were adorable!!)

DSCN0105.jpg
(the bottom middle one is one my mom remembers having)

DSCN0106.jpg
(and the attention hog is back... :-D)

These is also pattern pieces lose in the bag... which I need to look at closer to see if they actually go to some of these patterns...

Also in the bag were these magazines but I have not had a chance to look through them. If I remember correctly they date 1962, 1963 and 1965.

DSCN0107.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn