Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vintage patterns!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Lauren said:
Everything pre-early 40's was unprinted due to the fact that McCall held the copyright to them. Simplicity was the next, and offered printed patterns AND perforated patterns simultaneously, with printed being more expensive. It should say "Printed" on the envelope. By the mid-40's the big companies all had had printed patterns, while some smaller did not.

My favorite patterns are the ones that are perforated AND printed! I have some Simplicity ones like that and they are always a delight to work with! So much knowledge on the pattern, its hard to go wrong (but I always find a way ;) ).

LD

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Look what I won for only $4.99!!! I can't believe no one else bid on it. It's the perfect pattern to make a bunch of wardrobe staples.

d190_1.JPG

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
I've got some dark brown flannel with small light blue Asian-style flowers. I'm torn between these two patterns. If I were to make the second one, I'd make a 3/4 length sleeve. I've never worn the a-line skirt like in the second one, but I love the pockets and collar. The first pattern has a lovely skirt, but the bodice has no darts, so it might not be as flattering. I thought about using the fuller skirt from the first pattern with the bodice of the second one, but then I'd lose the pockets on the second one.
2293270499_a269b64254.jpg

2293270543_7853f1c3ed.jpg

MJrules

One of the Regulars
*no help*

...but I do not envy you in that decision! What if you did muslins first? Or similar but cheaper fabric? (Yummmmm, belted dresses!)

SarahLouise

Practically Family
kamikat said:
Look what I won for only $4.99!!! I can't believe no one else bid on it. It's the perfect pattern to make a bunch of wardrobe staples.

d190_1.JPG

What a bargain! I would love to have that simple a-line skirt in lots of colours as they are so basic but still pretty.

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
kamikat said:

d190_1.JPG
very nice. I have one similar to that but it has the optional jumper too.

Cherry_Bombb

A-List Customer
I love that pattern! I've made about 3 of them so far! And one of them was for my stepmother because she saw mine and fell in love w/ it! I've got to post pics of them soon...

Josephine

One Too Many
dollydaydream said:
Ah! So there is!! But it seems like some people are having some issues with it. Bugger!

I want to wear big frilly petticaots under it. I like frilly :)

Unfortunately you can't wear petticoats under it, as it's a "sheath" type skirt with an open overskirt on top. :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran