Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vintage patterns!

MJrules

One of the Regulars
If anyone is interested in buying vintage size 14 (32-25-36) patterns, please check out the Classifieds! I've posted two '40s dresses, and lot of '50s skirts (straight and full), dresses, and a blouse. Oh, and a random modern shorts/pants pattern.

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
WOW! I won this for $0.99. What a bargain!
2954.jpg

sophia la shok

One of the Regulars
Lady Day said:
seamguidelines.jpg

There are many, many ways to finish a seam. Depending on the fabric, you may not have to do anything.

This is a pic from a vintage pattern I have showing all the options you have without a serger. Granted, it may take you a bit longer, but no serger is not a handicap.

LD

thanks for that one Lady Day! that really helped. i don't feel so perplexed now. i'm slightly worried about some of the patterns i have they're a little on the falling apart side. hope i can make something without them completely disintegrating...

Swingtimegal- thanks for the advice- will post a pic of the patterns as soon as they finish uploading on photobucket...

kamikat- pics of your new dress would be greatly appreciated. i need as much help as i can get at the mo.

thanks all of you, i don't seem to get many responses on here.

Snookie

Practically Family
sophia la shok said:
ok, freshly uploaded.
can anyone date these down to a year?

these are my two favourites out of the ones that i have.
IMG_0196.jpg
IMG_0197.jpg

1959 and 1957, according to this guide. Pattern companies recycled their numbers, so you have to have a basic guess of the decade to begin with.

You can see by 1959 the illustration style had already changed. I was going to guess early 60's for that one, mostly because the illustration just doesn't look "50's" anymore.

mrswheats

One of the Regulars
Snookie said:
1959 and 1957...You can see by 1959 the illustration style had already changed. I was going to guess early 60's for that one, mostly because the illustration just doesn't look "50's" anymore.

I was guessing late 50's to early 60's on the first one, based on the hairstyle (it's more bouffant than the mid-50's).
Those are both really cute patterns--I love shirtdresses!

Sunny

One Too Many
Planning my summer wardrobe, I've been buying some patterns lately.

This one I'm very excited about. I want to make a version out of a big black-on-white floral/spray, with black binding and black midriff. Or maybe with with black skirt, midriff, and binding, and white bodice... I like the blue and red version, too.
2977.jpg

I'm also trying to get some good basic skirts. Last night I won this one, a simple six-gore a-line, with cute pockets.
8414_1.jpg

This lot of three I got only for the third, a flared sports skirt from 1940 also with cute patch pockets. It looks fun and full, but not overly voluminous.
56df_1.jpg

If anyone's interested in the other two, I'll put them up in the Classifieds. They're both from 1939, one for pajamas (with a bonnet!) and the other a two-piece dress, both size 16 (34-28-37).

I'm going to be making a couple of suits, and when I saw this jacket I had to have it. It's so sharp I'll cut myself! And final bid, $1.82! (Oh, how I long for a hat like that...!)
2958a.jpg

And at long last, I have a tap pants pattern. I believe it's from 1944.
1678_1.jpg

MJrules

One of the Regulars
Patterns in Classifieds reduced

MJrules said:
If anyone is interested in buying vintage size 14 (32-25-36) patterns, please check out the Classifieds! I've posted lots of '50s skirts (straight and full), dresses, and a blouse. Oh, and a random modern shorts/pants pattern.

I added another '50s dress and they're all on sale for $8 including s&h now, but I will consider any reasonable offers!

zaika

One Too Many
not exactly *sewing* patterns...but patterns none-the-less. and from 1942! i think they're lovely.

2345151196_d5dacd3c9b.jpg

2344321799_66b59ca945.jpg

and i'm trying this one out...although not with the kind of yarn i want. i'm just playing around...but when i order the right yarn, this'll be my first project that isn't a sock mitten or hat. lol

2344321865_1bdbe9a70f.jpg

mrswheats

One of the Regulars
I just won these (for $3.49 a piece!):

This is in my size

6074ladies0312.jpg

This one is too small, but I'm hoping I can scale up the bikini top, since that's the whole reason I wanted the pattern

2825ladies0312.jpg

sophia la shok

One of the Regulars
Snookie said:
1959 and 1957, according to this guide. Pattern companies recycled their numbers, so you have to have a basic guess of the decade to begin with.

You can see by 1959 the illustration style had already changed. I was going to guess early 60's for that one, mostly because the illustration just doesn't look "50's" anymore.

thanks for that one gals.
i thought i'd wait to do those two, they're last on my list mainly due to me not wanting to mess them up.
i'm gonna try out some of my repro patterns first. started a skirt yesterday but then found out i had no interfacing left so i need to vist the habidashery department over the weekend...

oh well, next week it is.

MissHannah

One Too Many
I know we aren't supposed to post live auctions but I hope it is ok for me to mention that there is a seller on ebay called blue*moon*vintage who is listing tons of great 40's patterns at the moment in a pretty wide range of sizes.

Snookie

Practically Family
MissHannah said:
I know we aren't supposed to post live auctions but I hope it is ok for me to mention that there is a seller on ebay called blue*moon*vintage who is listing tons of great 40's patterns at the moment in a pretty wide range of sizes.

It's Okay with me! ;)

olive bleu

One Too Many
HOLY Kamoley!! I haven't been in this thread for awhile, but right now i want to cancel everything else on my slate this weekend and whip up something!!:eek:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy