Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vintage patterns!

olive bleu

One Too Many
Miss Sis said:
Come now, Olive Bleu, do any of us REALLY use every pattern we own?????

I have loads that I wish I had the time to make! I'm gonna be knitting and sewing till doomsday!!!!

lol..of course not..if i did that i would never got to work!!:) I am just saying i can't stop making nightgowns!!I desperately need new blouses, but what am i pulling out?? nightgown patterns!

Sunny

One Too Many
I've got a few more... I'm still trying to get a lot of skirt options. I'm ready for summer clothes!

61f9_1.jpg

This is a pretty good basic wartime pleated skirt. I don't have immediate plans for this one, but it will be good to have on hand.

1b95_10.jpg

This one I'm really excited about. I've been wanting a skirt with some sort of shaped yoke for a long time. I'm going to make it out of denim with lots of topstitching! What color do you think? Medium blue denim or dark blue?

patterns_3_117.jpg

And I picked this one up for 99¢! The pattern number dates it to the late 1930s or 1944; I'm leaning toward 1944.

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
Sunny that simplicity skirt pattern is divine.
I one this and another one from the same seller.
P1030223-1.JPG

My max for this was insanley high for me but luckly it didn't come near that price. I am going to make a few of the cap sleeved top with matching skirts. That will be so cute if it ever stops snowing here.

Blondie

Practically Family
Lady Day, that 40's pants/jacket/blouse pattern is AMAZING, i love casual wear and if i could , would dress like that everyday !
When are you going into business and start taking orders ? ;)

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
I saw that one today! Congrats! I was hoping someone I knew got it!

Here's a couple more I got. I'm hoping to make the wrap dress for my honeymoon in Hawaii :) AND I just got a McCall Magazine from 1939 that has a pic of the dress in it! And the playsuit I just won that I pictured before as well! Too cool!
fc14_1.JPG

bf75_1.JPG

Ok. Stoping buying patterns now. I swear.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Everyone's getting such beautiful things! LD you are amazingly lucky to find patterns in those large sizes lately--I adore the last dress you posted.

Sunny

One Too Many
Lauren said:
I saw that one today! Congrats! I was hoping someone I knew got it!

Here's a couple more I got. I'm hoping to make the wrap dress for my honeymoon in Hawaii :) AND I just got a McCall Magazine from 1939 that has a pic of the dress in it! And the playsuit I just won that I pictured before as well! Too cool!
bf75_1.JPG

Ok. Stoping buying patterns now. I swear.

AHHHH!!! I was watching that, Lauren!! I couldn't make up my mind how much I "needed" it to place a snipe bid, and then it ended. :( It's really lovely.

Cherry_Bombb

A-List Customer
Does anyone know of where I can find a size 20 1940's one piece bathing suit? (40-42 bust)

My friend Sharon is joining me at Reading this year and doesn't have something to wear on a really hot day. We've already got the fabric picked out and the skirt pattern for play suit effect. But ebay is of no help- larger patterns go like hotcakes, and there never seem to be any larger bathing suit patterns to be found elsewhere!

:(

Mary

Practically Family
Hi. So nice of you to answer. I pasted in you post here:

I believe it says Vogue Pattern 9095.Have you sewn some of the pants yourself? They look gorgeous! Well right now all widelegged pants make me swoon.

I wish you a beautiful weekend!

M

Caledonia said:
Couple of 41s. The nightie is definitely getting made up in brushed cotton for this winter. :)

dresspattern40s.jpg

trousers.jpg

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
2959_12.jpg

2594_12.jpg

I just won these!! :D Fifteen antique patterns!
I was lusting after these all week. They are early 1900 patterns but check out the bust sizes ;)

And I got them at roughly $10 each!

Yay!

LD

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Sunny said:
AHHHH!!! I was watching that, Lauren!! I couldn't make up my mind how much I "needed" it to place a snipe bid, and then it ended. :( It's really lovely.

Oh, gosh! I'm sorry! :( I guess we both have good taste? [huh]

This set was added to my stash this week... I was really after the pants pattern :D
123234331_tp.jpg

I just love seeing what everyone's got! Yay for patterns!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran