Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vintage patterns!

zendy

A-List Customer
DPD that top simplicity make me go crazy with envy. I purchased one like it a few months ago and never received it. The seller just disappeared off the Internets. :rage:

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
I love this one, but I don't know if I can actually pull this off at my current size.
All my plus-size gals, would you wear this dress?
3948062615_20029879e1.jpg

Inky

One Too Many
kamikat said:
I love this one, but I don't know if I can actually pull this off at my current size.
All my plus-size gals, would you wear this dress?
3948062615_20029879e1.jpg

If anything I'd make view one, because the skirt is fuller, but that's mostly because I don't personally care for the wiggle style. I would be afraid of the darts in the middle there unless I was wearing some serious undergarments.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Id go with style 2 (if the skirt is that full or weather its just 3 with short sleeves, I cant tell), but make a belt, as I feel that 'onesy' look of styles like this tend to have to be softened for larger figures and then look like a robe instead of a fitted dress.

But Im a shirt dress gal, so Im partial.

LD

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Lady Day said:
Id go with style 2 (if the skirt is that full or weather its just 3 with short sleeves, I cant tell), but make a belt, as I feel that 'onesy' look of styles like this tend to have to be softened for larger figures and then look like a robe instead of a fitted dress.

But Im a shirt dress gal, so Im partial.

LD

Views 1 and 2 are the same. The skirt has 4 pieces, side back is the same as view 3, then a flared center back, which uses the wiggle center back from view 3 as a foundation. The flared CB panel is interlined with the wiggle CB panel, then stitched as normal to the side backs. I'm still not certain is will look like the drawing. The instructions are very confusing.

zendy

A-List Customer
Kamikat: I received my pattern yesterday, it's lovely. It has gone in my "to make pile!" Thank you!:p

SayCici

Practically Family
il_430xN.70259113.jpg

I can't tell which view I like more!

il_430xN.87963479.jpg

From eBay:

2pqmbtv.jpg

I don't know what drew me to this pattern, I think the puffy sleeves, though I usually avoid them.

Blondie

Practically Family
I found the exact same pattern WITH the instructions at a thrift store yesterday !!! Thank you anyway

miss_smith said:
I'll bet we have it at work (unless it is a mail-order we usually have it!) however, I don't know whether or not it has instructions. If I can find some for you to copy, would you be willing to copy the pattern for me in return?

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
simplicity2507.jpg

My one pattern splurge. It was BIN for $15, free shipping.
Im thinking plaid cotton flannel :D

Plus, If its not too over sized, I may be able to cut the top down to make it a blouse.

LD

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
LD, that is super cute! That's the first 30s nightie I've seen that isn't slinky, bias cut. It will be perfect in flannel!

Cricket

Practically Family
Lady Day said:
simplicity2507.jpg

My one pattern splurge. It was BIN for $15, free shipping.
Im thinking plaid cotton flannel :D

Plus, If its not too over sized, I may be able to cut the top down to make it a blouse.

LD

Seeing these makes me excited for winter and flannel nightgowns. For some reason, I am a sucker for flannel. I love relaxing in my chair and catching a good movie with a long nightgown to sunggle in. Of course, our fireplaces have been filled up so can a gas heater set a romantic mood? lol

Jenniferose7

One of the Regulars
LolitaHaze said:
Jenniferose7... I love it! I want it! Lucky you for getting that pattern cheap!

Lolita, there was another copy of it on Ebay at the same time and it was a "buy it now" Check it out. It may still be there!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
A seller made me a special offer on these because I bought some patterns from them before.
3 '20s patterns 40-44" bust for $8.
The catch, some of the pieces are rotten, as pictured.
Im thinking that one is beyond saving, so Ill copy it without worry of destroying it, but Im still excited :D

Picture1-2.png

Picture5.png

LD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR