Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vintage patterns!

ShoreRoadLady

Practically Family
My most recent pattern acquisition:

marianmartin9654.jpg

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Picture1.png

Well, I made this up, and man it was the *most* ill fitted pattern Ive ever made. The bust was huge...H U G E, but the arms holes fit like they were for a 34" busted gal. Its not even worth showing.

The center pannel was too wide, and just threw the whole sizing off. So on the redo, Ill have to widen the arm holes, take in the bust a good 4" and shrink the center pannel about 2" :eusa_doh:

So much for the ease of something in *my* size :(

LD

Vanessa

One Too Many
Lady Day said:
Picture1.png

Well, I made this up, and man it was the *most* ill fitted pattern Ive ever made.

I always muslin the mail order ones. They aren't nearly as trustworthy as McCall or Simplicity.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Vanessa said:
I always muslin the mail order ones. They aren't nearly as trustworthy as McCall or Simplicity.

Generally do, or measure the pieces, as I did this time. Its just a Frankenstein pattern that will need more adjusting than the typical mail order I generally have good luck with.

LD

miss_smith

One of the Regulars
Lady Day said:
Generally do, or measure the pieces, as I did this time. Its just a Frankenstein pattern that will need more adjusting than the typical mail order I generally have good luck with.

LD

Bummer...those are the worst :mad:

miss_smith

One of the Regulars
I just picked up this one off ebay. I'm so excited! I had bought an underwear pattern, but it turns out it just had the slip. The fact that this one comes with a brassiere is a total bonus.
2587B.jpg

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Picture4.png

Just won this little gem. $11 W00T!
Im going to change the neckline. I really like the back of the skirt. I think that might be good for my bum :eek:

LD

fuzzylizzie

One of the Regulars
Inky, I just found the same pattern and I've also been looking for the right plaid. Then a friend emailed - she found a ready-made 49er in my size and is sending it. I'll probably make another anyway.

Inky

One Too Many
fuzzylizzie said:
Inky, I just found the same pattern and I've also been looking for the right plaid. Then a friend emailed - she found a ready-made 49er in my size and is sending it. I'll probably make another anyway.

brilliant minds think alike and all that, lizzie!

I was thinking of making one in denim - probably blasphemous but it's okay, that's how I roll ;)

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Inky said:
If i can't find a 49er that I love - then I shall make my own!

4035113382_5fd761a8d4_o.jpg

that is, after i do some dreaded pattern grading and make up a muslin ;)

oh yeah, and find some plaid....

Ha! I have this one, too, and bought it with the same intentions! We'll have to start a fan club.

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Lady Day said:
Picture1.png

Well, I made this up, and man it was the *most* ill fitted pattern Ive ever made. The bust was huge...H U G E, but the arms holes fit like they were for a 34" busted gal. Its not even worth showing.

The center pannel was too wide, and just threw the whole sizing off. So on the redo, Ill have to widen the arm holes, take in the bust a good 4" and shrink the center pannel about 2" :eusa_doh:

So much for the ease of something in *my* size :(

LD

Oh my gosh, I made a mail order one up, too, and it was the same deal. the armholes were TINY! And the sleeves were supposed to be flared and they were skin tight. I think I learned the hard way on that one- I'll make up muslins of mail order ones first now, like Vanessa recommends.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR