Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vintage patterns!

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
I just bought these from ebay:

!BtYpQk!Bmk~$(KGrHqEH-DEEvnQtM9VkBL7wmFZON!~~_3.JPG

!BtYbvKg!Wk~$(KGrHqEH-C0EvqNyyBClBL7v2NMmYw~~_3.JPG

What does "10 Years" mean? I have another Hollywood pattern that says "8 Years", but it has little girls on the cover. This looks like an adult. Is this meant to be a teenage pattern?

MarieAnne

Practically Family
Amy Jeanne said:
!BtYbvKg!Wk~$(KGrHqEH-C0EvqNyyBClBL7v2NMmYw~~_3.JPG

What does "10 Years" mean? I have another Hollywood pattern that says "8 Years", but it has little girls on the cover. This looks like an adult. Is this meant to be a teenage pattern?

I would check the measurements and instructions once it arrives. It is odd. I can always tell the teen patterns from other companies because the models have little button noses and rosy cheeks. But those definitely look like women. What did the item description say?

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
MarieAnne said:
I would check the measurements and instructions once it arrives. It is odd. I can always tell the teen patterns from other companies because the models have little button noses and rosy cheeks. But those definitely look like women. What did the item description say?

I got an explanation from the lovely Lauren on my FB. Apparently, pre-1930s pattern sizes were done in years. She thinks "10 Years" might be a 28" bust (as in a size 10 pattern).

Odd they would just throw this one in the mix like this. This is obviously 1940s and all other HW patterns that I have to the "normal" sizing thing. Hmmm...

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Those are all kinds of awesome.
Yeah, wierd about the sizing thing. I mean, they *had* juniors sizing by then, too, or else I'd think that was it. Maybe they just did it with select patterns, like how select patterns were available in plus size, too. Or maybe under a certain size they reverted back to the "years" thing. Come to think of it, I think have seen Hollywood patterns that say "12 years". But I certainly never saw a 10 year old with a figure like that ;)

lframe

One of the Regulars
Swing Dress Pattern by Jennie Chancey

Sorry--I didn't look far enough into one thread--I found it. Just ignore this post!

I searched for this and didn't find it, so I hope no one has posted this before!

I do believe I am ordering this pattern and making this dress. It's lovely and it's goes up to a plus size, perfect for me. I also like that it has two sleeve options (short and bracelet-length).

Sorry if I am so excited, but this will help me continue my walk into the style I have wanted to live for many, many years.

http://sensibility.com/patterns/1940s-swing-dress-pattern/

spiff

New in Town
wpt16282hollywood525.jpg

I got this 30's pattern a lil' while back. It's my most favorite one I own. I also paid more than I usually do for a pattern. It was love at first sight, and then I saw it was in my size and well...you know how it goes.

I didn't know much about Helen Twelvetrees (her last name is very Hobbit like) and really liked this picture of her and what you can see of her outfit. Cute as a vintage button.

2963006536_d7350fc156.jpg

Lauren

Darling pattern, Spiff, and love the elephant photo, too.
I also have a Helen Twelvetrees pattern but didn't know who she was. It was one of the Butterick "starred" patterns so didn't have a picture. It's nice to see those photos of her!

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
It's been a while since I've gotten any 50's pattern but I fell in love with the one on the right. I got them both for $9. I don't know if I'll ever make the left one, though.
4799938950_8482838872.jpg

NancyLouise

One of the Regulars
Lauren said:
So cute! I love the lacing details!

I actually almost fell out of my chair when I found this. :eek: Missing the instructions, but so what? Yum Yum! And I have some cotton pique in green and yellow that's already in the stash!
mccall8241.jpg

I love this pattern - it's got so many great features! I hope you'll make it soon. You always do such a lovely job recreating past fashions; looks like they came straight out of their proper decade.

Lauren

Thanks, Nancy Louise! I should get on that one! I have one I'm midway though, maybe I'll make that next on the sewing list :D

Kamikat, I love both of those patterns! Darling! I can totally see you in the one on the right.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
These came with a lot I got. The lot was nearly 40 patterns and most of them were 40+ bust. These are the ones Im keeping ;)

1568.jpg

I have a rayon that might work for this one.

47373.jpg

I came across this one in a 38, but I didnt feel comfortable grading from that size.

9717.jpg

I had no idea this one was even in the group. Its in its factory fold. :D
Yay patterns!

LD

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
il_430xN.159501410.jpg

I love this dress. Even with out the fabulous bolero. I an not even that into 50's style but I had to have this.
Just need to find a cute tropical print broadcloth,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner