Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vintage patterns!

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
DPD, that's cute!
This one arrived today. I've got one more coming, then I don't buying for a while.
5644107578_c25d47d8b6.jpg

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
I haven't bought a pattern in SO LONG. Haven't sewn for a while, either. A 20-lb weight gain over this past year has prevented me from doing it. I am working on losing at least 10-15 so I can fit back into 18s. :( Meanwhile, I will just watch and drool here at FL.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Hey pattern collectors!
Im in a pickle. I have this pattern, a 30s dress, but no pattern picture or info other than its a mail order #1998, 40 bust.
Im dying to know what this pattern looks like, and I've put more info on my blog. Could you all look through your stashes to see if you have said pattern?

Thanks!
LD

D

Deleted member 12480

Hello Ladies. This is my first time posting in this thread. I literally just clicked the buy button on this one and am now waiting for it to be sent all the long way from the US to the UK. I'm terrified, and am worried I will screw it up. Have some questions but think I should post those in the FAQ thread!!

il_570xN.204491808.jpg

xx

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
That's cute Annie. I have faith in you. I am almost finished with a prom dress that could be a wedding dress and I never thought I could do it.

Lorelai99

One of the Regulars
Hello Ladies. This is my first time posting in this thread. I literally just clicked the buy button on this one and am now waiting for it to be sent all the long way from the US to the UK. I'm terrified, and am worried I will screw it up. Have some questions but think I should post those in the FAQ thread!!

il_570xN.204491808.jpg

xx

That's a pretty awesome pattern!!! I learned everything I know about sewing by "winging" and I won't tell you how many projects I've made that haven't seen the light of day so don't be afraid to try!! And well mistakes are learning experiences in my book!!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender

il_570xN.204491808.jpg

And you should mess up! If you don't mess up you won't learn. That pattern is perfect for you and even if it takes a try or two, I know you will make a super cute dress...or potholders :) (we have all been there...).
LD

Wire9Vintage

A-List Customer
As usual, Lady Day speaks the whole truth. I have some of the prettiest pot holders and rags going! And with every one is a lesson learned!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran