Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vintage patterns!

Snookie

Practically Family
Miss Dexeter said:
I find it so difficult to find a good pattern. I realise I probably sound a little stupid, but what on earth do you search for on Ebay to find these amazing patterns????!!! All it ever throws at me are awful awful things!

I also search by certain pattern companies that were only producing during the decades in which I'm interested - Hollywood and Dubarry, notably, and Advance too.. But late 30's Simplicity patterns are my favorites, so I have to look for those the hard way.

Miss Dexeter

New in Town
pennyseranade - I have some high waisted trousers just like the top ones, they're great! I sometimes wear them with braces but you don't need to. That pattern is gorgeous!!!! :D

Miss Dexeter

New in Town
Neany73 said:
I do the same, but I trawl independant sites too. Vintage Cat has come up with the goods for me recently. They do tend to be a little more expensive than Ebay, but I always see far more that I like so it's worth it. Of course, the exchange rate does go in my favour so it doesn't feel quite as bad.

wooohoo! Thank you all so much for your tips, Ebay still hates me, but Vintage Cat has exactly what I'm after.

Roll on payday :D

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
OMG! My pattern arrived today. Were ladies giants back then?!?! The pattern shows shorts, pedal pusher and slacks. The pedalpushers (shown on cover as just below the knee) are longer than my typical pant. The slacks, you wouldn't believe how long this pattern is!!! This is gonna take some major tweaking.

MissHannah

One Too Many
Here are a few of mine. Sadly, I suck at sewing so it's really just a collection I am hoarding until I am rich enough to get someone to make these up for me!

PATTERN12.jpg

PATTERN11.jpg

PATTERN13.jpg

PATTERN5.jpg

PATTERN7.jpg

PATTERN1.jpg

PATTERN2.jpg

PATTERN3.jpg

PATTERN4.jpg

PATTERN10.jpg

MissHannah

One Too Many
No, but I did manage the Simplicity pencil skirt. It's a very simple pattern and with a little help from my mum I just about pulled it off!

lyburnum

Practically Family
These are some of my favourite patterns I picked up in a charity shop yesterday for 20p each. Most of them are a size too big, so I'll have to size them, but that's not hard at all. They're all 60s patterns. A lot of them came in their original postage packet, so I could read the exact year off of those!

IMG_9395.jpg

IMG_9393.jpg

IMG_9391.jpg

IMG_9388.jpg

IMG_9387.jpg

IMG_9385.jpg

IMG_9384.jpg

IMG_9383.jpg

mrswheats

One of the Regulars
I just won these on Ebay:

pattlot8.jpg

pattlot11.jpg

Hopefully they're complete patterns! I can size up or down a size, but re-creating a missing piece is outta my league lol

mrswheats

One of the Regulars
I got LUCKY -- they were 2 lots, one with 8 patterns and one with 4 patterns, and I got the first lot for $8 and second lot for $3. I couldn't believe it!

And thanks, Kamikat, I'm very excited about the win! Generally, my Ebay-fu isn't this good :)

mrswheats

One of the Regulars
Thanks, Hotrod! I appreciate the offer, and I'm glad to know that there's a Lounger out there who's already made up one of these, in case I get lost.

I also ordered some pattern tracing paper that Sunny suggested in the "Sewing Lessons" thread (from Clotide), just in case some of these are too delicate to work with directly.
Normally, I'm too impatient to make a copy (or a toile), but since I've started buying vintage patterns, I guess I'll have to learn more patience :D

Snookie

Practically Family
I wanna see, I wanna see! Why can't I see the pics?

If anyone's missing pattern pieces, post here or over on the sewing FAQ, and maybe we can help figure out a solution. It looks like a lot of us have duplicate patterns, and patterns for facings and cuffs and things are really easy to make yourself.

mrswheats

One of the Regulars
Snookie said:
I wanna see, I wanna see! Why can't I see the pics?

If anyone's missing pattern pieces, post here or over on the sewing FAQ, and maybe we can help figure out a solution. It looks like a lot of us have duplicate patterns, and patterns for facings and cuffs and things are really easy to make yourself.

Well, I checked my Ebay invoice, and the links on the auction pages are broken now :( When I get the patterns, I'll take pics of them and re-post, if anyone's interested.

And thank you for the tip on missing pattern pieces! That takes a lot of the worry out of checking the patterns :) You guys are the best!

vintagelaura

New in Town
Pattern Rescue is another resource for missing pattern pieces. I've donated patterns to them, I recently sent in a copy of a piece that someone needed, and I just received a pattern from them that I requested. They're really nice to deal with!

http://www.patternrescue.com

Laura

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
Thanks for the Link Laura. I just won a beautiful 1930's dress pattern with no instructions. If I can find them here I wont have to give it away. :)

hotrod_elf

A-List Customer
vintagelaura said:
Pattern Rescue is another resource for missing pattern pieces. I've donated patterns to them, I recently sent in a copy of a piece that someone needed, and I just received a pattern from them that I requested. They're really nice to deal with!

http://www.patternrescue.com

Laura
I love those people over there. I just donated awhole box of patterns. I'm waiting for them to update their trade page so I can trade in my pattern points. I have another two boxes to send to them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Espasoner