Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show your vintage hockey sweaters!

Hawk_Eye

One of the Regulars
Have any old style hockey sweaters or jerseys you'd like to show off? Well heres the place to do it. Jerseys up to the 80s and from defunct teams are more than welcome. Here are mine.

1927 Toronto Maple Leafs
sweaters006-1.jpg

1932-33 Toronto Maple Leafs
sweaters005-1.jpg

1948 Winter Olympics gold-medal winning hockey team, the Team Canada RCAF Flyers jersey.
sweaters012-1.jpg

matei

One Too Many
Those are lovely...

I don't have any that are quite that vintage... mine are '80s vintage Pittsburgh Penguins jerseys. :p

Some of them are in bad shape, as I wore them during games. I was the only Pens fan in town, and as such they were very hard to come by in New York (Islanders territory).

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
I have a game worn sweater given to me by this guy, in the dressing room at the old Chicago Stadium; probably '70 or '71. I actually knew him fairly well as whenever he had marital difficulties he would stay at my neighbor's guest house. He taught me how to shoot a slapshot using a tennis ball against the garage wall.

si_hull.jpg

cptjeff

Practically Family
Tomasso said:
I have a game worn sweater given to me by this guy, in the dressing room at the old Chicago Stadium; probably '70 or '71. I actually knew him fairly well as whenever he had marital difficulties he would stay at my neighbor's guest house. He taught me how to shoot a slapshot using a tennis ball against the garage wall.

si_hull.jpg

Very cool. You have that inside a frame or something right? Gamers from that era are quite rare- they only replaced them on rare occasions. Guys would wear a jersey for years.

Also, perhaps the greatest person to learn a slapshot from ever.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
cptjeff said:
Very cool. You have that inside a frame or something right?
Nope, it's boxed away in storage (along with a copy of his autobiography and a couple of pucks) for over twenty years. I must have had around dozen of his sticks as well, which I used and eventually broke. Memorabilia collecting was not that big back then, at least for me. [huh]
cptjeff said:
Also, perhaps the greatest person to learn a slapshot from ever.
"First thing. Don't hit the puck directly.....hit the ice a couple inches before the puck and let the stick do the work."

cptjeff

Practically Family
Tomasso said:
Nope, it's boxed away in storage (along with a copy of his autobiography and a couple of pucks) for over twenty years. I must have had around dozen of his sticks as well, which I used and eventually broke. Memorabilia collecting was not that big back then, at least for me. [huh]
"First thing. Don't hit the puck directly.....hit the ice a couple inches before the puck and let the stick do the work."
If you don't want it...

Even if you're not particularly attached to it for memorabilia reasons, it probably would be good to do something to make sure it's protected against moths and such if you haven't already. I just kinda shudder at the thought of something like that getting destroyed by damage from storage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925