Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

shrinking aero anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thor

Call Me a Cab
Not sure if Schitzo mentioned it, but did the entire jacket get smaller or just the back length? If the shoulders, chest and sleeves all still fit then maybe Aero can just somehow remake the back panel? Just a thought [huh]

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
When private conversations that are finished get dredged up here it sure is Seb. I'm not here with a set of expectations or demands.. but since you ask I think it'd be nice if Sloane could 'tldnr' this whole thread. Since each of us essentially knows what he's going to say before he says it I think probably that'd be for the best

Fair enough. Not having a go at you Schitzo but this whole thing is getting messy.

Dr H

Call Me a Cab
tldnr = too long, did not read (if, like me, you weren't familiar with the terminology).

On the other hand, I found it an illuminating post.

frussell

One Too Many
As did I, Dr. H. As someone who has been in a similar situation (with a different issue, granted) with Aero, I'm very curious to see how this plays out. Mine ended with an offer to return for a full refund, with the caveat that they would not make another jacket for me, as they were afraid they would not be able to make one I would be happy with. I understood their attitude, as I was just a "return due to storse" customer, so they weren't making any more $$ off me. It did put me off, and every time I wear the jacket, it still galls a bit. I kept it, because I was beat, after a year plus of hassle. I hope Schitzo has a better outcome, and does not get put in the "no soup for you" column. Frank

Big J

Call Me a Cab
'the caveat that they would not make another jacket for me'.

For real? And I thought I was a 'bad customer'.

I had an issue with Aero taking a year and a half to fulfill and order, and when they did, one jacket was the wrong color, and one had a terrible fit.
I was absolutely furious (having had four other jackets from Aero in the past that were all perfect).
As you would expect, there was some...tension...between us initially at that point, but Ken got right on it, and got me another jacket out in the correct color in next to no time, and enlisted John Chapman's help to get the other jacket remade on a different pattern.

Ken was an absolute gentleman, and I can't thank him, the Aero team, or JC enough for taking care of me.
What did I learn from the experience? These are artisan jackets. Sometimes things will not go as expected. Ken is a reasonable man and will do his best to help (and his best is pretty good). Oh yeah, I also learned that my inner child still has temper tantrums- it's not my best feature.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Very reasonable and appropriate Big J. I'm no Aero shill but they are an extraordinarily professional and accommodating company and their reputation mustn't suffer because of this. Every great company hits a glitch from time to time and we need to view the company in the context of the vast successes, not the rare upsets.

trapp

Practically Family
Well, I for one am taken aback by the tone and entire context of Hide n' Seeks post, which is anything but professional.

Peter Mackin

One Too Many
Well, I for one am taken aback by the tone and entire context of Hide n' Seeks post, which is anything but professional.

Really?.....would you rather he didn't respond..I for one prefer to hear both sides..or do you think aero should just say ..You know what here's a remake..

pawineguy

One Too Many
These types of threads are never comfortable, and I'm not sure how either side can respond without appearing defensive. Aero's response was less than perfect, and I was also really put off by Schitzo's use of an out of context photo from Horween, suggesting that they might have changed their production methods, and then compounding it by incorrectly describing toggle drying. (both were particularly egregious considering the page he pulled the photo from gave the correct information) I hope in the end there is some common ground and for both party's sake everyone can be satisfied.

trapp

Practically Family
Really?.....would you rather he didn't respond..I for one prefer to hear both sides..or do you think aero should just say ..You know what here's a remake..

I guess it's my turn to say "Really?"

I'm not commenting on the fact that Aero responded, but on how they responded. You seriously can't envision a better way for a company representative to present their side? Did I say anything about offering a jacket re-make?

I'm not going to go point-by-point on all the ways their response was unprofessional and tasteless, but it's certainly a missed opportunity in terms of common-sense public relations.

Last edited:

schitzo

Suspended
These types of threads are never comfortable, and I'm not sure how either side can respond without appearing defensive. Aero's response was less than perfect, and I was also really put off by Schitzo's use of an out of context photo from Horween, suggesting that they might have changed their production methods, and then compounding it by incorrectly describing toggle drying. (both were particularly egregious considering the page he pulled the photo from gave the correct information) I hope in the end there is some common ground and for both party's sake everyone can be satisfied.

I simply put forward a suggestion that was made to me by another professional who works in the same field. A guy at the top of his field. It was another professional from this field who sent me the link for that picture! I wasn't aware that I had bungled my description of the drying methods - but had hoped I had made it clear enough that what I was trying to relay was merely speculation, and that it wasn't my own either, rather that it belonged to those who should have a much better idea about this type of thing than we do. I also took care to point out and report accurately the aero position regarding those suggestions. You are surely not suggesting that the manufacturer responsible for my jacket is the only industry expert with whom I should consult are you? Respectfully, I suggest you re read post 97. If what I've written there is extremely bad, I think your reading comprehension is extremely good!

Last edited:

Peter Mackin

One Too Many
I guess it's my turn to say "Really?"

I'm not commenting on the fact that Aero responded, but on how they responded. You seriously can't envision a better way for a company representative to present their side? Did I say anything about offering a jacket re-make?

I'm not going to go point-by-point on all the ways their response was unprofessional and tasteless, but it's certainly a missed opportunity in terms of common-sense public relations.

In your opinion....& I respect that..I simply asked do you think aero should say..... A simple yes or no would suffice.

schitzo

Suspended

In your opinion....& I respect that..I simply asked do you think aero should say..... A simple yes or no would suffice.

That's what you said Peter, and I agree with you. It was simple.

Perhaps Trapp needs to hone his reading comprehension skills before responding to your posts? :eusa_doh:

Last edited:

Peter Mackin

One Too Many
That's what you said Peter, and I agree with you. It was simple.

Perhaps Trapp needs to hone his reading comprehension skills before responding to your posts? :eusa_doh:

Thanks schitz...I thought I was quite clear...but I forgive him..mistakes happen :p

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
Leather jackets will crease and shrink a little with age. That's normal.

That jacket looks fantastic in your pictures, by the way. I don't really see what the problem is.

schitzo

Suspended
Leather jackets will crease and shrink a little with age. That's normal.

That jacket looks fantastic in your pictures, by the way. I don't really see what the problem is.

Thanks. I think so too. But will add that those pictures don't tell the whole story. More conclusive pictures or a video are the only way to show you. I promise I will post them asap, it's just that with my connection being what it is and the size of this video, it's going to take a few hours for me to upload it. But I will get it done

I had some luck getting a crease out with my steamer, although it left the patch a bit dry. Good thing I have a tub of Dr Jackson's in the cupboard.

pawineguy

One Too Many
I simply put forward a suggestion that was made to me by another professional who works in the same field. A guy at the top of his field. It was another professional from this field who sent me the link for that picture! I wasn't aware that I had bungled my description of the drying methods - but had hoped I had made it clear enough that what I was trying to relay was merely speculation, and that it wasn't my own either, rather that it belonged to those who should have a much better idea about this type of thing than we do. I also took care to point out and report accurately the aero position regarding those suggestions. You are surely not suggesting that the manufacturer responsible for my jacket is the only industry expert with whom I should consult are you? Respectfully, I suggest you re read post 97. If what I've written there is extremely bad, I think your reading comprehension is extremely good!

I am not trying to pick any fights, I'd love for you to end up with a resolution that you are pleased with. The professional you relied on may have had an ulterior motive for sending you that picture, as it comes from a page where Horween describes all of their dryness processes, and specifically how chromexcel is air dried, NOT toggle dried. How they could pull that picture out and send it to you so out of context would lead me to judge them not someone who should be relied on to supply speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff